Where've you lived?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crete, IL
Watertown, WI
Mequon, WI
Milwaukee, WI
Benton Harbor, MI
Grafton, WI
Morenci, MI
Hopkins, MI
Imlay City, MI

Marion, IN ('53-'59)
Auburn, IN ('60-'63)
Pottstown, PA ('64)
Ft. Wayne, IN ('65-'74)
LaFayette, IN ('75)
Vineland, NJ ('76)
Brockport, NY ('77-'79)
Sylvania, OH ('80-'81)
Vineland, NJ ('82-'83)
Wilson, NC ('84-'85)
Sarasota, FL ('86 - present)

Wow!

Wow!

Many of you have lived in so many places! Born in Boston MA., and lived most of my life in the suburbs: Weston, Watertown, Newton. After my Dad passed in '97, I frequently commuted to Boston from my parent's home in Westport. That lasted a little over a year. That town is my idea of paradise. It is also the only place I've ever felt "at home", even though I've never really lived there. Spent high school summers hitch hiking around New England, and have been to N.Y., NJ.,Indiana, and Mexico, but that's it! Brian

Born: Ann Arbor Michigan
Lived in:
Detroit, MI
White Plains, NY
Chevy Chase, MD
Armonk, NY
Marietta, Ohio (college)
Mexico City, Mexico, (College, and then lived there a while)
Bronx, NY
Mexico City, Mexico
Manhattan, NY
Germantown, NY

This is an interesting thread!

Christina L said:
thread would be to ask where people WISHED they had lived - I know most of us probably dreamed of living in a certain place and never got the chance.

*chuckles*

Would you believe I _almost_ started that thread simultaneously? I didn't because I didn't want to confuse people ... he he he.

But, my "wish" would be Nashville/Jackson TN ... on a more permanent basis ;).

Chuck, it truly is a small world. Our niece is married to a young man whose last name is Tatum, and he grew up in Richlands. All of his family still lives there. And our daughter and son-in-law live in Roanoke. Our daughter teaches first grade in Roanoke County, and our son-in-law teaches sixth grade in Franklin County and he's also the boys' head soccer coach at Franklin County High School. By the way, we love Roanoke. The scenery is truly breathtaking, especially in the fall. LINDA

Born and raised in Cleveland Ohio.
GM transferred us to Michigan in 1973 when I was in my mid-thirties.
Now live in Shelby Twp which is the fourth suburb north of Detroit.
Where would I like to live ?
Well after attending my 50th high school reunion this summer in Cleveland, I realized how much I miss it there. They say you can never go back but I'm not so sure.
Great people in Ohio !!:D

Born in Normal Illinois
Joliet IL upon graduation from college
moved to NW Chicago suburbs after I married

Been in our house for 21 years now.

Where would I want to live - anywhere I can have a house on the ocean! I'm seriously considering moving in with KimC. Or maybe I'll just pitch a tent on Dennis' deck so I can wake up to that view every day!:D Mountains are good too!

WHERE ARE THE HUSKIES?

born in denver
moved to seattle
graduated UW
moved to los angeles

wow, sounds boring as hell!

No definately not boring !!!
I really envy all you folks that have lived all your lives in one place.
Having moved so many times due to political upheaval and violence of the countries concerned, in Africa, I envy those of you who are able to show your children where you once lived and where you went to school etc.
I have lost contact with a lot of my friends who are now married and all over the world.
Best wishes
Wendy :) :)

Hi Cort -

Small world, my ancestors lived in Elgin; the headmasters house at one of the Academies there is the old family home. One of my ancestors back there was one of the first Certified Public Accountant in Illinois.

As for me, I was conceived in San Francisco, but born in the Jewish Hospital in Cincinnatti, Ohio. Lived there for a few years, then moved to Berkeley CA before finally settling down in Marin County, just north of San Francisco. Stayed here until I joined the Navy, travelled all around the Western Pacific. Did a short stint in Napa after getting out and gettng married, but moved back to Marin as soon as I could.

My wife's family has been here since the Gold Rush, my boys are 5th generation born in the northern bay area, and at least 4th generation going to the same High School...

Cheers
Will

Born in Atlanta,Ga.(1950)
Union City,Ga.(1950-1963)
Torrance,Calif.(1964-1978)
Senoia,Ga.(1979-Present)

Born in Newburyport, MA
Graduated from University of Maine, Orono, ME
Moved to Evanston, IL
Then to Chicago for a total of 5 years in IL
Next, off to Thousand Oaks, CA
and Camarillo, CA for a total of twelve years
Followed by (going on) 5 years in a little town in Southwest Michigan.
There will be a next place....:)

Fun thread!!

Fun thread!!

Glad to see you back as well - I always enjoy your threads!

Don't we criss-cross and cover the globe? ;0) Hard to imagine the wealth of experiences shared here. The ability to share this with each other is such a high point of the internet - don't ya think?!

I was born in Arkansas (72) - we lived in England, Paragould, and Jonesboro.
Moved to Cookeville, Tennesssee (77)
Still here, my kids attend the same schools, have some of the same teachers and some of my classmates as teachers. It's a lovely, safe place to raise kids.

I do think that someday, I would enjoy living beside the ocean ;0)

Thanks everybody for sharing!!

PS - All my new (awesome) docs are in Nashville. It is only an hour or so away from Cookeville. Too big for me though - I am scared of all that traffic:eek:

Born in New London, CT
1 year college in Syracuse, NY
Finished college in Boston, MA
6 months working in New York City
Married and returned to live in New London and have been spending winters in Boca Raton FL since 1986.

Upstate NY

Upstate NY

Born and raised in Oswego NY, right on Lake Ontario
Married and moved to Williamsville, NY (Buffalo suburb, Go Bills!)
Moved to Clay, NY (suburb of Syracuse, Go Orange!)

Born in conshocken pa (outside philly) 60
pleasant mount pa (poconos) 65-70
Franklin Pa (western pa Kodi where did you live N of pitts?) til 78
then I went to college in gwynedd mercy out side philly and my family moved back to the pocons (my dad was a Pa state police)
Lansdowne Pa (outside philly)80-86
Phila (chinatown) 86-88
SW phila 88-92
Stratford Nj 92-now (outside philly)

The Dalles Oregon ( Born and raised)
Corvallis Oregon (Oregon State, college)
San Diego, CA (My husband is in the Navy so...)
Camp Pendelton CA
Monterey, CA
Newport, RI
Everett, WA
Pearl City,HI
Aiea,HI
Virginia Beach / Norfolk, VA
Bushey England (London Area)
Annapolis, MD

My husband retires from the Navy in a year and we hope to eiter move closer to family in the Northwest or Florida.

Marguerite - We almost went to the mall in Columbia today! Just recently they were talking about building a development of some kind at Meriwether but there were too many angry people. I agree about Portland, I love Portland and the gorge unfortunately my children aren't thrilled with it. They much prefer warm climates!

Swill said:
Hi Cort -

Small world, my ancestors lived in Elgin; the headmasters house at one of the Academies there is the old family home. One of my ancestors back there was one of the first Certified Public Accountant in Illinois.

Holy cow, Will! It IS a small world :).

Do you mean the Elgin Academy? As far as I know, that is the only academy here in Elgin ... tho, I could be wrong. Even though I've lived here most of my life, I know this city holds secrets from me still ;).

Any years on these events by chance?

pipersmith said:
Glad to see you back as well - I always enjoy your threads!

*nods*

Thank you!

pipersmith said:
Don't we criss-cross and cover the globe? ;0) Hard to imagine the wealth of experiences shared here. The ability to share this with each other is such a high point of the internet - don't ya think?!

Amen! That's another reason why I try to meet as many people as I can.....

Latest posts

Back