Where've you lived?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kilkenny Ireland..been here 10 years

Kilkenny....that's my favourite beer! I assume that's where it's brewed.

My wife was born and raised in Ireland, although she's been in Canada now for over 30 years so has now lived here longer. She still has family there and we've visited a few times...a lovely place.

Rain said:
I think the closest I come to accidentally knowing anyone here would be through my brother.... Danny may have ran into - or even know him. He retired from the Air Force after 20 years... wow I think he retired in like 94. Anyway, he did his basic training in Texas (I think that was like 72) and his last term before retiring was at the same base you were at in Germany. I don't think he lived on base either. Sooooo ... if you know Allen Fish.... that?s my bro!!

Rain,

Don't recall running into an Allen Fish during my time, but between the OHS and FATHER TIME my memory ain't what it used to be.:eek: :rolleyes: :p :D

I joined in 1967 and was in Germany from 1970-1974.

Cort,

Cool thread as usual.

May God Bless,

Danny

knightfan2691 said:
. . . With that experience in mind, where all have YOU lived? I'd bet some of us are "more connected" than we think....

Cort,
This life or a previous one?;) :p :D :)

Kilkenny.....

Kilkenny.....

WayneGM said:
Kilkenny....that's my favourite beer! I assume that's where it's brewed.

My wife was born and raised in Ireland, although she's been in Canada now for over 30 years so has now lived here longer. She still has family there and we've visited a few times...a lovely place.

Hi Wayne, yep, Kilkenny, Smithwicks and Guinness all made in Kilkenny. You should visit 'again' and this time come to Kilkenny. You can take a tour of the brewery and 'sample' the Kilkenny beer....Then theres the castle, Mount Juliet golf course, Tiger was here recently... and lots of great fishing...oh and theres a lot of bikers (the motor variety) .......they even have a bikers pub.......interested???? Oh and hello to your wife.

EireCara said:
I too envy people who feel they ''belong'' in a specific place.....for some reason I dont.

Ya know ... belonging to one place (like I have, most of my life, anyway) is not all it is cracked up to be. Despite my road trips, I still don't feel like I've "explored" the world, let alone the United States.

*shrugs*

It's just a matter of perspective.....

gadgetman said:
Cort,

Cool thread as usual.

*grins*

Thank you! Sure has taken on a life of its own, I'd say.....can hardly believe it, too.

Mary said:
Cort,
This life or a previous one?

BOTH :).

Born in Lima, Peru
Madagascar
Southern Yemen
Mauritius
Medan, Indonesia
Cape Town, South Africa
Mexico City, Mexico
Nuevo Laredo, Mexico
Bombay, India
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
Khartoum, Sudan
Waco, Texas

jwswaco said:
Born in Lima, Peru
Madagascar
Southern Yemen
Mauritius
Medan, Indonesia
Cape Town, South Africa
Mexico City, Mexico
Nuevo Laredo, Mexico
Bombay, India
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
Khartoum, Sudan
Waco, Texas

Wack-oh???
Wow! That's certainly a change... Does Baylor University have anything to do with your current city of residence? ;)

Born in Milwaukee, Wis.
Moved to Dallas, Texas, at 8 months. (March 1951)
Grew up in Dallas (Lake Highlands area)
Nacogdoches, Texas (1968-1972), graduated from Stephen F. Austin State U.
Garland, Texas (4 years)
Shreveport, La. (2 years)
Fort Worth, Texas (18 years)
Aledo, Texas (10 years)

catwoman said:
Born in Milwaukee, Wis.
Moved to Dallas, Texas, at 8 months. (March 1951)
Grew up in Dallas (Lake Highlands area)
Nacogdoches, Texas (1968-1972), graduated from Stephen F. Austin State U.
Garland, Texas (4 years)
Shreveport, La. (2 years)
Fort Worth, Texas (18 years)
Aledo, Texas (10 years)

Marsha,
I see where you lived in Nacogdoches about the same time that one of my best friends from our hometown moved there. His name is Carey Benson, and I think he moved to Nacogdoches in 1968. Any chance that you went to school with him?

Mary:

Dunno. I don't have yearbooks from 1968-69 or 1969-70, but I do the last 2 years (I was editor of the university newspaper my last 2 years there).
I'll look to see if there's a Carey Benson listed.
I'm a lifetime member of our alumni association, but I don't have an exes' directory.

It really isn't a samll world for some

It really isn't a samll world for some

Al's brothers and sisters as well as his parents and grandparents have always lived in Buffalo, New York. The very same is true for my side of this family...all always lived in Buffalo.

I have lived in Kenmore, New York, Scottsdale, Arizona, and Tempe,Arizona..as well as Buffalo. The very same is true for Albert, except for the years 1953-57. During those years he lived in Chaumont, France as a guest of the United States Airforce while attached to 1st Radio Relay...

There's a song that says, "Don't Get Around Much Anymore." We never got around much to begin with...

Kind regards,
Blanche

catwoman said:
Wack-oh???
Wow! That's certainly a change... Does Baylor University have anything to do with your current city of residence? ;)

Most definitely! Home of Baylor University and the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame. My father was a diplomat which required us to move around quite a lot. It gave for an exciting childhood!

-James

What an amazing spectrum of locations, especially how some have always lived in or near the same area and then some others have lived all around the world! I have one uncle in Missouri whom I believe has never been out of state, even for travel!

jwswaco said:
Most definitely! Home of Baylor University and the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame. My father was a diplomat which required us to move around quite a lot. It gave for an exciting childhood!

-James

James:

And also birthplace of Dr Pepper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't know if they sell "Dublin" Dr Peppers in Waco -- the ones with the original formula that are made in Dublin, Texas -- with REAL CANE SUGAR, none of that corn syrup. Takes me back to my childhood. :D :D :D

catwoman said:
And also birthplace of Dr Pepper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't know if they sell "Dublin" Dr Peppers in Waco -- the ones with the original formula that are made in Dublin, Texas -- with REAL CANE SUGAR, none of that corn syrup.

*raises eyebrow*

Heh ... I didn't know that. Learn something new everyday ;).

Sheila2old said:
Hi all, finally making it back up onto the net!

Born in Springfield, MO
Raised in Seymour, MO
Hubby joined US Army so then moved to:
Henryetta, OK (during his basic training)
Ft Lewis, Tacoma, WA
Ft Polk, Leesville, LA
Ft Carson, Colorado Springs, CO
Schofield Barracks, Honolulu, HI
Ft Stewart, Hinesville, GA (currently with 5 yrs to go till retirement)

so Sheila what years where you at Ft. Polk?
My #2 child was born there.. then life flighted to Shreveport..
I was there from 81-84
My 1st husband was stationed there..

Born in Dayton OH
Attended The Ohio State University in Columbus OH 75-82
Moved to Wichita KS 1982
Moved to Whittier CA 1994
Moved to Louisville KY1995
Here ever since!

Born in Kentucky

Born in Kentucky

:) Born in Frenchburg, Ky.
Moved to Dayton, Ohio in 1961