When is it safe after surgery to start.....?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you are ready

When you are ready

As long as your partner is understanding that you may need to take it slow, or stop and rest, when you feel ready, do it. I don't remember exactly, but we didn't wait long. Was it the best sex of our lives? No! But it was great on an emotional level, that's for sure.

Most hospitals view time for sex as being soon as you are comfortable. If you go searching for someone to tell you when, it's all over the map, and you may never have it again. If you ask around here, most (not all) of us waited until we were out of the hospital. Obviously, you shouldn't be in pushup position. Unless you have extenuating physical problems, this is more of a logistical and psychological issue than anything else.

Best wishes,

Better yet, can some one please tell me what this "Sex" is that your talking about?

I hear ya, Ross. What is sex? Never heard of it.

My loving hubby, the Hubster, was very cautious about touching me after my surgery. He has a bad back, so we don't engage as frequently as I'd like; however, he made me ask my cardio three months after surgery if sex was OK. (Well, my cardio was on vacation, so we couldn't ask him sooner). I say if you're ready, go for it!!!

First night home for me!

Show off!
irate.gif

Heck, I'd even consider the boring thing at this point.

Echo I will let you know tomorrow night. Kids will be gone. 2 weeks post op I'm walking 2 miles a day and about 10 flights of stairs a day.

It is ok to do it safely when you feel comfortable. Just don't expect amazing things the first time. Talk and remember you are not 16.

Better yet, can some one please tell me what this "Sex" is that your talking about?

Hmph ... I'm still waiting for some female willing to allow me to find out what "sex" is all about......

*rolls eyes*

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
MCs.Caprice|models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows|RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"All the water in the ocean couldn't put out the fire this time" ... Atlanta ... 'Atlanta Burned Again Last Night'

Since you haven't posted for three days, Echoguy, I guess we can assume you have taken the plunge. When you come back up for air, please post and tell the others that it's okay, too.

Best wishes,

Hmph ... I'm still waiting for some female willing to allow me to find out what "sex" is all about......

That was when I visited here Sunday, April 4.

*pauses* *beams*

As of Saturday, April 10 ... I am no longer waiting.............................

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
MCs.Caprice | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Fire me up" ... Def Leopard ... 'Pour Some Sugar On Me'

That was when I visited here Sunday, April 4.

*pauses* *beams*

As of Saturday, April 10 ... I am no longer waiting.............................

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
MCs.Caprice | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Fire me up" ... Def Leopard ... 'Pour Some Sugar On Me'

Ta-dom! A day that will live in infamy! You dirty dog! Why didn't you tell us sooner? Congratulations, Cort!

Latest posts

Back