What to Do???

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freddie

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
First let me apologize for being MIA, been out of town helping my brother and I may have to go help him again within the near future.

In any case, I need some input on a situation that developed while I was gone. I just don't know what to do. Any input, thoughts would be appreciated.

I received a letter from the clinic my GP doctor works out of stating that "she", my doctor is moving her practice to a different location and will be only working part-time.

I am to inform the clinic if I want my medical file to stay at the clinic or go with the move.

Positives:
- have been seeing the same doctor for almost 25 years. She has moved 3 times and I have followed.

- She is very good and I do trust her with her judgments

- She listens when I talk.

- Even though my doctor doesn't approve the use of a home monitor, she still advised me not to take HBP medication because it wasn't warranted and not to take cholesterol meds, that taking fish oil might be all that I need.

- She is on top of ones well being. Phones with results or information and mails prescriptions & results to me.

- If I do decide to stay at the clinic, I may get a doctor who will approve the use of a home monitor.

- The new location is not a problem, it's almost closer for me.

Here are the foreseen problems:

- there's a shortage of doctors with many not taking on new patients, although I believe there would be a doctor picking up the slack for those patients who do not want their file transferred to the new location. But I might get a uncaring jerk for a doctor

- How long would it take to see my doctor at the new location if "she" is only working part-time?

So gang, what would you do?

I would have one copy sent with your doctor and have the clinic keep a second copy. Then I would probably try to keep seeing the one who had been my doctor, but if she seems too unavailable, go back to the clinic (or vice versa...see the clinic docs and if you don't like them go back to your old doc.)

I would have one copy sent with your doctor and have the clinic keep a second copy. Then I would probably try to keep seeing the one who had been my doctor, but if she seems too unavailable, go back to the clinic (or vice versa...see the clinic docs and if you don't like them go back to your old doc.)

Also it sounds like she is heading to retire trying part time out first I would think it would be like here on Ontario where dostors are at a premium and good doctors even more rare so having a sound game plan is vital

Thanks, that's a good idea, I'll look into going back and forth.

My doctor is not retiring, but is taking "studies" on diabetes, as she did back in December for 3 months. But this is not going to be a 3 month leave, but more of a career direction for my doctor.

Freddie:
One thing to consider: If you opt to stay with the same clinic and get a new Dr., you may get one who says ABSOLUTELY HELL NO to home testing.

But you have to be the one to decide what's best for you.

Freddie,

As suggested above, ask for a transfer of a copy of your records and keep a copy for the new replacement doctor.

1- If feasible, try the new replacement once and see how it goes and make up your decision based on the outcome. Who knows, the change might be for the better!

2- Depending on how often you have been seeing your doctor, would it be feasible to make appointments in advance just to make sure of her availability?! You may by then have a few questions. If not, you may appologize and cancel /reschedule the appointment! This may not sound brilliant :eek2:.. Just my 2-cents thoughts!:frown2:wink2:

I'd stay with the old one. She sounds much better than the cardio (s) I've had.
I had my last echo in October. No results yet, as a matter of fact, they've never even got around to billing our insurance.

HEY FREDDIE!!!!!

Hope your brother is OK!

Like others have said, though, I'd have records in both places, but keep seeing your "old" doctor for the time being and as long as you possibly can.

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
* rNwJumpStartCruzNite | 5:30-10:30p; SAT, 05/12/12 | BeefVilla, 1225 W Spring St, S Elgin IL *
"This can't be the end" __ Bertie Higgins __ 'Key Largo'

Latest posts

Back