What are you doing for Easter?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bina

Premium Level User
Supporting Member
Easter Hubby got his bike out for a ride !

easter-bunny-motorcycle.jpg

Easter Hubby got his bike out for a ride !

easter-bunny-motorcycle.jpg

Looks like your Easter hubby is having fun, Bina!

Mr. and Mrs. SB decided to visit the young church of the kids and grandkids instead of our usual "old folks" church. Service was in an upscale movie theater, and music was contemporary (Christian rock) and message was with-it understandable. Everybody was super friendly and the pretty young ladies were dressed in their Easter finery. (I hope the Good Lord understands SB noticing -- why else would He have created them so gorgeous? :) Anyway, we may well start going to the young folks' church. Sure won't fall asleep there. :rolleyes:

Afterwards whole family and a work friend went to Carrabas for lunch. SB got the sensible salmon and fresh green beans so did not destroy his Throwdown prospects. It is absolutely beautiful here today on the Carolina coast! A wonderful Easter -- of course the grandkiddies have their Easter baskets. Yesterday they went to an event at which a helicopter dropped thousands of chocolate eggs for kiddies in the community.

Wishing a Happy Easter to all!

SB, it sounds like you have had a great day !
My daughter is working, hubby is playing with bikes (not the one in the pic), and so the chocolates are left unattended in front of me.
Lindt filled white chocolate mini eggs just staring at me.....but I already had a piece of cheesecake....decisions, decisions. ;)

SB, it sounds like you have had a great day !
My daughter is working, hubby is playing with bikes (not the one in the pic), and so the chocolates are left unattended in front of me.
Lindt filled white chocolate mini eggs just staring at me.....but I already had a piece of cheesecake....decisions, decisions. ;)

Go for it, Bina! Eat one for Superbob. ;)

I'm in the process of making a spiral sliced ham, yams, green beans, jellied cranberry sauce and whatever else I can think of. Kind of silly because we'll never eat all of this 8 pound ham, but oh well.

We didn't get a ham....the store had only the huge ones on sale; hence the cheesecake for lunch. LOL
But I do have a nice piece of steak left from yesterday, with potato and broccoli.
Maybe I should just grab a flight to Ohio and join you Ross. ;)

Honey glazed this year. No Pineapple.

Hey if you want to swing by NJ on the way home from Ohio, I have plenty of pineapple. 2 fresh ones and instead of filling a BIG basket with candy, just got a little candy this year and a basket from edible arangements (with chocolate coverred pineapple bunnies) of course I made marshmellow fluff/cream cheese dip for it hmmmm
Justin ended up working today for a Frankie valli show, so right now it is just Don and me (and Zero and Roxy of course) and a 5 pound boneless Ham

We went to mass last night so we got to sleep in a little late this morning.

We just now finished eating some spare ribs and potato salad. I put my special home-made rub on the ribs, marinated them for about 3 hrs., then slow cooked them in the oven for an hour or so & finished cooking them on the grill, slathering them with my own BBQ sauce! They were so tender & delicious! Yum! Have a few left over for tomorrow. :)

While the ribs were marinating, I shot my bow a few times trying to get it all sighted in. My hubby is out there now, sighting his in while I'm doing the dishes! A woman's work is never finished!

Hope all of you had a wonderful Easter with all your families! :)

We had a really nice day, although we didn't have an official Easter dinner. We had Fazoli's of all things. We went to a 2:00 afternoon service at church. The weather was beautiful, so I took advantage a did a lot of outside work.

Well this has been one of the first Easters that I didn't eat chocolate...though I am dreaming of Godiva Truffles-YUM!
Will Bina or someone please eat a truffle for me...?
Hope everyone had a nice Easter.

We were out of town for the past 4 days, but came back early enough to run to the store to buy a ham and all the fixings. Soon it will be time for strawberries and whipping cream wink, wink lol

I had the family Easter dinner this year. It was kinda of a surprise going away family get together for my oldest daughter and her husband who are moving to Hawaii the first of June. She thought only her sister and brother and their kids were coming. She had no idea the whole Smith family would be here. We had 48 people here. I furnished the meat and drinks and everyone else brought a covered dish. Most of them brought two covered dishes so we had so much food. It was a beautiful day, the sun was out all day and the smaller kids had so much fun hunting for Easter eggs that the older kids had hid for them. Eddie & I went to sunrise services at 7:00 and then we sang at our church at 11:00, so it was a very busy Easter. I took off work today because I was so exhausted. We were supposed to have family in from Chicago and they were going to stay with us but one of them got the stomach virus right before they were supposed to leave for the airport. All in all it was a wonderful day.

I had the family Easter dinner this year. It was kinda of a surprise going away family get together for my oldest daughter and her husband who are moving to Hawaii the first of June. She thought only her sister and brother and their kids were coming. She had no idea the whole Smith family would be here. We had 48 people here. I furnished the meat and drinks and everyone else brought a covered dish. Most of them brought two covered dishes so we had so much food. It was a beautiful day, the sun was out all day and the smaller kids had so much fun hunting for Easter eggs that the older kids had hid for them. Eddie & I went to sunrise services at 7:00 and then we sang at our church at 11:00, so it was a very busy Easter. I took off work today because I was so exhausted. We were supposed to have family in from Chicago and they were going to stay with us but one of them got the stomach virus right before they were supposed to leave for the airport. All in all it was a wonderful day.

Glenda your days sounds just perfect. I am glad even the weather cooperated. I'm glad you had such a nice day with all of your family. It must have been special for your daughter.

Latest posts

Back