Well, it happened again. . .

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epstns

Premium User
Supporting Member
Just had my semi-annual cardio check-up yesterday afternoon. Still stable! No change from last time, so I can stay here in The Waiting Room for a while longer.

Cardio did prescribe a low-dose diuretic for me to use "if I need it" -- meaning that when I get stuck either travelling or doing business meals at restaurants and cannot control my sodium intake, I gain a few pounds of fluid. When this happens, I have a devil of a time getting rid of the fluid, someimes taking over a week. During that time, I feel lousy and bloated. So, a little help is appreciated.

We also discussed the advancements in percutaneous valve implantation. Doc says it may become more widely available in just a couple of years, but at this point he feels that probably the plan should be conventional surgery with a tissue valve (in some years, yet), with the safety net that if I need a second valve 10 or more years after that, the percutaneous valve could be an option. We're just watching and waiting. . .

Life is good!

Congratulations, Steve, on the same-old-same-old! You're an inspiration to those in the Waiting Room. Heck, you were waiting back in 2004 when I first joined and have kept the staging area neat, tidy, and hospitable all this time!;):p:)

Seriously . . . great news!:)

Glad to hear your echo was unchanged... no news is good news. I hope you get to wait forever!

Thats great news you can relax again, i got my annual echo etc tomorrow, so lets hope i get the same result as you, fingers crossed.
Take Care
Jane

Just the kind of post I like to read! When you finally leave the waiting room someone is going to have large shoes to fill! Take care and keep up the good work!

Thanks to all of you for the good wishes. I hope to manage things so that I have surgery when the time is right both for my valve and for me!

As I said, right now, life is good.

Steve,
Good news again!!
It sure has been a very long time since we started 'talking' years ago.
Stay in that waiting room and enjoy your life.
Rich

Hey Steve,

A belated "congratulations" on the checkup.

Now ... isn't it about time we re-renovate the Waiting Room?

;)

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...radio show, Dec 09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Just an everyday distraction" ... Ronnie Milsap ... 'Button Off My Shirt'

*grins*

Awee...thank you, Marsha! It's good to "see" you again, too.

I'm fine ... just still not myself quite yet....

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Welcome me to stay overnight" ... Ingrim Hill ... 'Will I Ever Make It Home?'

Latest posts

Back