Well here I am back at Barnes Jewish Hospital

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Norma Yes I knew if the CT indicated a colapsed lobe they would want to scope me. I also knew the Dr. in my home town that does it and his record is not good. ( I have a surgery RN for a daughter and a Xray tech. son so I knew I did not want it there) The Dr. came by and explained the procedure. If they have to take a biopsy I should know the results by Thursday. Thanks for the support and prayers.

Sending you all best wishes. Hope the scope goes well and you get good news.
We'll be thinking about you, for sure.

John, If you are having the procedure Wednesday, they might only have a preliminary or verbal report on Thursday. A final answer might possibly take a little longer if they need to do any extra stains on the pathology slides. If it only needs to go to cytology that would be on the faster side. Sometimes they do extra stains to rule OUT conditions too, not just for worrisome problems, so if it takes longer than Thursday for a clear answer, don't fret about it. It does NOT have to be something bad if it takes longer. That's a really a bit fast for some kinds of pathology.

Thanks catdog. As you can imagine I am doing my share of worring right now. It is 8 AM and they will be comming to get me in a couple of hours.

Well I had the scope at 10:30. There is a mass and they took samples. The dr said it will likely come back milignant. I guess I will just have to wait and see what the plan is. It is scarry because I know the survival rate for lung cancer is not good. Kind of down.

John, Sorry to hear that. I have known several people though that have survived lung cancer, so, I think it depends on the type, and how early it has been caught. I'll keep you in my thoughts and will wait to hear (hopefully) a positive report. Try and keep your head up, we are here rooting for you.

Well I had the scope at 10:30. There is a mass and they took samples. The dr said it will likely come back milignant. I guess I will just have to wait and see what the plan is. It is scarry because I know the survival rate for lung cancer is not good. Kind of down.

I am so sorry to hear this. Hopefully since it seems like it was caught early that will be in your favor. You are in my prayers

Ok then, stay calm and try not to worry for a few days. They will likely be doing more stains to characterize exactly what it is. Then they'll know how best to treat it. They could do a variety of tests and stains. Sometimes they get the results of one set of tests/ stains, and then might want to do more once they are headed in the right direction. Good Luck, I hope you get the best possible scenario.

John, I'm sorry to read this. I wondered why there was so much confusion about the x-ray results. I hope the news gets better. Please keep us posted. I'm sure I'm just one of many here, hoping for the best for you :)

Thanks to all. Just waiting to see the plan. Hopefully it is in early stage and local. I will ask for more information today . There was not so much confusion on the Xray it indicated a collapsed lung lobe. The confusion was if it was from pneumonia or not. The support of folks on this board means a lot to me. Thanks John

JOhn,
Presumably you had a chest x-ray prior to your surgery. If there was a tumor there at that time, it would have been seen. Hopefully it is good news it wasn't as that could imply they have now found it at early stage.
We're all here rooting for you.

I absolutely promise you I have a good friend (age 68) who had lung cancer and tumor removed 7 years ago. She had surgery and is still doing very, very well. There definitely are successful treatments of lung cancer.

Best wishes going forward, John.
I'm praying for a better prognosis, but I know you will get through whatever you have to get through.
Let's plan our own little mini-reunion for sometime in the spring or summer. We've got members in St. Louis who might make a trip south to join in.
Mary

John - Sorry to hear what you're going through. I'd be out of my mind at this point, but, if this is as serious as you suspect, hopefully, it's at an early stage and it can be dealt with succesfully. I've been hearing of many such successes in treating lung cancer lately. Of course, you know you're in one of the best facilities in the nation. My sis' in law is one of the ER Residents there. She was an ER nurse for years before she decided to become a physician. She can't say enough good things about the staff, the hospital and their capabilities. You're in great hands. I'll keep you in my thoughts!

Latest posts

Back