Weird feeling today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jax

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Been getting dizzy on and off today. Then here I was sitting on the couch and got absolutely light-headed and nauseated. Got up to go tell the hubby and my legs felt like jello. And then when I started talking to him i started crying and couldn't stop. So I took a xanax and am now starting to calm down. What worries me is a couple of days ago my shoulder was killing and i occassionly have had some chest discomfort. Nothing that lasts more than a couple minutes. But it does have me wondering if something else is starting to happen. Last night i woke up at 5:30 absolutely soaked with sweat and i can't get my air conditioner turned up any higher. Anyone else felt like this beforB? Mostly everything is starting to pass but it definitely has me worried a little bit.

It always makes sense to consult a medical professional when symptons that could be heart related persist. At one time or another I have experienced symptons like this, but not all of them in a short time. That's what you pay your doctor for.

Call your doctor, Jackie, please! If you have any more episodes before tomorrow when his office opens. call his answering service or go to the ER! Shoulder pain, chest discomfort, dizziness, nausea, night sweats do not add up to "wait it out"!

Marcia

P.S. I remember reading somewhere that denial and reluctance to seek medical attention can be symptoms of a "heart episode"!

I was just curious if you might be on metoprolol tartrate or another short-acting beta blocker? I had quite a few side effects when I was on metoprolol tartrate (where I took it twice daily); light-headed, weak, tired, low blood pressure. Once I switched back to Metoprolol Succ and took it after supper but before bedtime my symptoms disappeared. Just a thought.

It's a good day when I'm upright and this side of the grass. ~ Jacque

Hope you get some answers today (Thursday) from your doctor, his backup or the ER. Those of us with connective tissue problems can feel aortic or heart pain all over the place. If possible, let us know what you find out! (And isn't that Ross a hoot, suggesting pregnancy!)

i am on metoprolol succinate for afib. The controlled release one. Thing that has me wondering is my doctor put me ont birth control pills about week and a half a go because my period was really out of whack. My prior visit she said that my only option would be an ablation. I am wondering if maybe that is part of the problem. I have never felt as bad as I have on and off over the last couple of weeks. She also took me off my lisinopril which i started taking again as soon as my shoulder got sore and my shoulder hasn't been nearly as bad. So I am wondering if the birth control is causing these latest problems. Think I am taking myself off of them since there is no way for me to get pregnant anyway and see what happens. I was able to sleep through the night last night and didn't wake up sweating or wake up at all which is good. Anyhow, I will be making an appointment with my cardio because i just don't feel like my family doctor knows enough.

Although most of my symptoms i was getting have passed. I am still getting light-headed and dizzy. I went to cleveland clinic yesterday for a pacemaker check up and was told to have it checked out with my local cardio. So when I got home I called. Wouldn't you know it that my cardio is on vacation this week so his nurse typed everything in and had another cardio in the office look it over to see if I needed to come in. Just got the call from that cardio's nurse telling me to follow-up with my family doctor as all of my symptoms are not cardiac related. Now my question is how would they know if it was not cardiac related if they didn't even look at me. So now I am stuck between following their instructions and following up with my family doctor or ignoring this cardio and just making an appointment with mine. What do you think I should do?

Although most of my symptoms i was getting have passed. I am still getting light-headed and dizzy. I went to cleveland clinic yesterday for a pacemaker check up and was told to have it checked out with my local cardio. So when I got home I called. Wouldn't you know it that my cardio is on vacation this week so his nurse typed everything in and had another cardio in the office look it over to see if I needed to come in. Just got the call from that cardio's nurse telling me to follow-up with my family doctor as all of my symptoms are not cardiac related. Now my question is how would they know if it was not cardiac related if they didn't even look at me. So now I am stuck between following their instructions and following up with my family doctor or ignoring this cardio and just making an appointment with mine. What do you think I should do?

I'm a little confused, Did CCF do the pacemaker check, but want you to get you symptons checked by your local cardio? Or did CCF not check anything and told you to have your local cardio check everything?
I'm not sure why CCF wouldn't check you out since you were there, or was the person that checked your pacemaker not a doctor and they couldn't get you squeezed in to see your cardio there? So told you do go to your local one?
I think I would call CCF again (how far are they from you?) and tell them you ar e still feeling dizzy and tried to take their advice but your local cardio is lout of towwn and you don't feel comfortable waiting for them to come back, could they please see you.

I have no idea how they could say it isn't heart related with out seeing you

CCF did my pacemaker check but since it was not a doctor that did the check they said to either make an appointment with my local cardio or make an appointment to come back to cleveland. Since I live 2 hours away from CCF I chose to try to get into my cardio so I either wouldn't have to stay in cleveland or drive that 2 hours back. I had to get the husband to the doctor yesterday as he must have breathed in some poison ivy and I needed to get him treated. I am just completely confused how a cardio can say that it isn't a cardiac issue without looking at a heart patient.

CCF did my pacemaker check but since it was not a doctor that did the check they said to either make an appointment with my local cardio or make an appointment to come back to cleveland. Since I live 2 hours away from CCF I chose to try to get into my cardio so I either wouldn't have to stay in cleveland or drive that 2 hours back. I had to get the husband to the doctor yesterday as he must have breathed in some poison ivy and I needed to get him treated. I am just completely confused how a cardio can say that it isn't a cardiac issue without looking at a heart patient.

I am sorry your husband got into poison Ivy. My husband is still taking prednisone from poison Ivy he got last week. His was awful and I was surprised it was poison Ivy, because it didn't look like it to me,(there were no blisters or itching) but his face was so swollen and red, one of his eyes was completely swollen shut and the other one had a small slit he could see out of. Funny thing is he had on shorts and flip flops when we were working near the poison Ivy, but his legs and feet and arms were fine

I guess if I were in your situation, I would go to the family doctor, then if he thinks it is heart related, that might make the cardio filling in for your regular one, have you come in.
I'm thinking your pacemaker was fine, since that was one of my thoughts when you first posted about how you were feeling, and dizzy ect.

Jackie,
This really annoys me, and sounds like cardio's office is passing the buck. Your symptoms may or may not be cardiac related; however, you have a definite cardiac history and I think that a cardio needs to make the determination if what's going on is cardiac or not.

I would call the office back and say you need to be seen ASAP.

Thankfully i am finally back to normal and i went to my ob/gyn yesterday and told him about my family doctor putting me on birth control and he said that he never would have put me on birth control because of my heart condition. It took a few days to get it out of my system and now i am not having any dizzy spells or anything that I had last week. I get dizzy at work because it is too hot but i'll always have that problem. Just goes to show you what new medication can do to us.

I woke up the past 2 days the same way. so dizzy that I couldn't stand up. I made a doctor's appointment, but I'm wondering if Zetia had any effect on this since I recently started taking it.

Thankfully i am finally back to normal and i went to my ob/gyn yesterday and told him about my family doctor putting me on birth control and he said that he never would have put me on birth control because of my heart condition. It took a few days to get it out of my system and now i am not having any dizzy spells or anything that I had last week. I get dizzy at work because it is too hot but i'll always have that problem. Just goes to show you what new medication can do to us.

Good thing you are off the b/c pills....they can be a nightmare.

Latest posts

Back