week ago today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradvo

Since going under for new on-x valve and also ended up with a artery by-pass.

Got home yesterday, feels great to be home, even if new challenges surround me.

Our living room is the new hospital room, I finally decided my chair was the place to be, getting up from the lay down position was taking a toll on me.

I am finding it hard to relax with the pain. I really felt I would have issues sine I had back problems going into this. MY back now hurts 10 fold.

I was only prescribed .5/325 percocet, I take 2 and I want more after 2 hrs time.

I am going to try and get into my GP today and get something stronger. But I feel I need something to help the pain meds, like an anti inflammatory type drug.

Any advice on anti inflammatory meds, I think this will also help me do more slow deep breaths.

Brad

Congrats on getting home !
We had turned our main floor office into a mini recovery room and that worked out just fine. My husband was
glad he didn't have to run around the house all day fetching things for me.

Regarding your back pain, if you want to go the route of anti-inflammatory meds, then you will need to talk to
your doctors. With your mech valve and being on anticoagulants there may be a limit on which ones, and how much,
you can take.
Best wishes.

I cannot comment on the anit-inflamatory since I had no need. Yes do talk with your doctor, control of pain is most necessary. Maybe in the mean time you could get your spouse/significant other/friend with benefits to give you a back massage. Having already had back problems, then being spread open like a christmas goose I'm sure has not been a fun trip. Maybe a hot shower with water directed at the area where you feel the most discomfort. I hope that things smooth out for you soon. Hang in there my friend, it may not seem so right now, but things do get better.

I agree with the others....talk to your doctor.
Have you tried a heating pad on your back? Or using a tennis ball? or both?

I know what your thinking, 'how on earth to I use a tennis ball on my back?' While your sitting, lean back with the tennis ball on the sore spot and try to push back and hold for 10 sec, if you can do this against a wall it will work better.

Man, I feel for you. You don't need a sore back like this after surgery.

Glad you are going to see your doctor. As others have posted most likely you will not be given an anti inflammatory drug. I'd say it's next to impossible to take them now. But there are better pain killers than 2 .5/325 percosets...

I was given Percolone which had no Tylenol in it which was very effective in the hospital..It comes up to a 20mg dosage...and in the past Norco 10/325 has been effective for back pain.

sorry you are suffering and glad you are going to the doctor...

Latest posts

Back