Valve Replacement Changed My Life (116lbs Weight Loss after surgery on 6/12/10)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warfarinking

Had the surgery at the age of 21...decided I needed to change my life if I wanted any kind of future, so i did!

90t6cz.jpg

You Da Man, I bet you feel great, I've only dropped around 22 pounds and feel much better. My problem now is I want to eat more, commitment is not easy some times.
What you did is very difficult, congrats to you.
Brad

Nice job! You're awsome. That's the definition of commitment and determination. None of it easy, but all of it possible if you want it badly enough, and are willing to do what it takes to get it. Hi 5. Make that 10.
Nice shots of the progression too. Should put them together and frame them.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!
What a wonderful thing you have done for yourself.

You are one handsome dude. Keep up the great work.
You should be so proud of yourself.

excellent job---what diet plan did you use?
After surgery I was told to walk a lot and that's kind of when I decided to adopt a dog so after finding Tyson I began walking around my block everyday for around 20-30min. After walking 20-30min a day I moved on to running on a track and running a timed mile, my first mile took 15 something to complete, however, after many miles and a lot of weight loss I am now at 9 to 10min a mile. Now I'm going to the gym everyday and doing at least 45min of interval cardio (treadmill or elliptical) which has helped me a lot! I've also been doing a high protein, low fat/carb diet. Even though I feel like exercise helped me a lot the key to losing weight is in nutrition. I never went cold turkey I simply started removing bad things one day at a time, for example, I used to drink orange juice, soda, water and milk, but one day I was just like, "Today I'm going to stop drinking soda and just drink juice, water and milk." so I did just that! then a few days/week later I removed juice. Another example I can recall is when I would go to Subway and get a foot long with chips meal, I just told myself I was going to only get a 6" and the chips one day and I did just that again. Now I'm only drinking water/milk and eating a 6" from subway. The key is removing one small bad eating habit at a time and eventually one small bad eating habit will turn into a pile of a lot of small bad eating habits so within time you'll have removed a lot of bad foods from your daily diet without realizing it. This helped me an hopefully it will help you! I've been overweight my whole life and I've tried everything, but somehow taking it slow really made it easier for me.

Foods I usually eat:
10 egg whites a day, will usually split this into two 5 egg white/turkey or mushroom omelets throughout the day or I'll make a 5 egg white turkey omelets with a wheat tortilla, can also make a wheat sandwich with the omelets.
Whey Protein Shake (will usually take this after the gym, 1 or 2 scoops with water)
Original Oatmeal made with water, and I'll usually cut up a banana into it.
Jell-o (the red kind, forgot name but i think it has like 20 calories or something)
6" Subway sandwich (will usually be a wheat/turkey sandwich with lettuce, cucumbers, olives, pickles, avocado and mustard)
Chicken/Fish with brown rice.
Fruits (bananas, oranges and apples)

These are just some of the foods I'll eat throughout the week. Another big thing I do is start with good carbs in the morning, but eat less and less carbs as the day passes and I'll usually try and not eat anything after 7PM.

You are the real Biggest Loser that is a true winner! Congrats and stay motivated!

Happy New Year,

SB42

Do you lift weights? or are you strictly just diet and cardio? Where and how did you decide what foods you were going to eat daily, etc? I only ask because although I use to be in good shape due to sports, last few years ive let myself kind of go and would like to get in shape myself after surgery, I know it'll be a few months after before I can really workout, but I didn't know if weightlifting was not an option?

Either way, congrats! What a remarkable achievement. It's inspiring.

That is sooooo awesome. Thanks for posting your progression pictures. You are an inspiration to us all. I had AVR almost 1 year ago. I actually gained weight after surgery and then gave my self a talking to . . . now I'm down 30 lbs following a diet very similar to the one you are doing. It is all about good nutritiona and plenty of protein, isn't it?

So proud of you . . .keep up the good work. You look great!

Awesome! I echo everyone else who says, "You da man!" Keep up the great work and pet Tyson for me. : )

Latest posts

Back