update on my Dad

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its been a bumpy road but if the valve is in good shape then all else can be dealt with. stay vigilant !

Thanks for the update Pam....I hope your breathing easier now.....I know I am.

Prayers and special thoughts going to "Dad" for a smoother recovery and no more speed bumps.
Take Care

I've been reading your story also Pam & I find myself catching my breath as it unfolds. It is such a shame that the elderly can be mistreated this way! :mad: I hope that you let those people "have it" & that he does not have to return there!

Hoping that things continue to improve w/him. Best wishes! :)

Did they check his sternum to make sure it wasn't 'disturbed' during or after his fall?

Do you know if he used his arms to pull himself up afterwards?
Or if the aide pulled him up by his arms?

Al,
A Chest xray was done, haven't heard of any problem with the sternum. Don't know yet how my Dad got up after the fall.

Found out today he has pnemonia, slight case. Still alot of fluid buildup in legs etc. They did take him off two of the five antiobiotics.

They also put a pic sp? in so they can get bloodwork done easier.

Pam

Hi All,

My Dad's swelling has gone down some and they are starting him on therapy, he hasn't been out of bed since being readmitted to the hospital.

He wears two hearing aides, now though he has lost hearing from one or a combination of the 5 antiobiotics he has been on. His dr said this is temporary.

My brother is going to call his dr. tomorrow about plans after the hospital, with our concerns about the rehab.

Also my Dad is still very anxious at times, which from posts I read here and from what my brother said can occur.

Pam

I don't understand why they don't have him up and walking around the hospital floor. Do you know the reason?

Walking is VERY IMPORTANT to prevent muscle atrophy and to build energy and stamina.

Al,
Due to the large volume of antibiotics, he was very tired and wiped out. They were supposed to get him out of bed yesterday. They still have the catheter in.

Pam

Al,
Due to the large volume of antibiotics, he was very tired and wiped out. They were supposed to get him out of bed yesterday. They still have the catheter in.

Pam

Antibiotics wipe me out too!
They kill off the 'good bacteria' in the digestive system
which can foster the growth of yeast with undesired
side effects.

Whenever I have to go on antibiotics,
I also take one or two tablets of acidophilous(sp?) with each dose of antibiotic to restore the good bacteria in the digestive system.

Latest posts

Back