Up jumped the devil

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry to read this Ms. Blanche, but I know that if there's anyone that can beat this cancer, you are the one! And I know you will!

My mother had breast cancer in her mid-60's & had a partial mastectomy, took drugs for about 5 years and lived until she was 86. And she did not pass away from the cancer but died after her surgery for a perforated bowel.

So start focusing on what your next step is & start fighting & rebuking that devil!

Oh Blanche, that stinks. Like you need something else to worry about. Hopefully they got it early and you'll be fine.
Hugs,

This isn't your first battle, and I don't think it will be your last! Show the cancer how fierce you can be, and channel that anger into your fight. We all know you are a champion. Sending love and a hug, Brian

Blanchette, I have to echo what Brian and what everyone else has said. You are a fighter.

Special prayers going your way.

Oh, Blanche, I am pissed off, too. being pissed off keeps you from depression, you know. You are in my prayers. Do keep us informed in what steps are next. Blessins...

I am very sorry to hear this. I know you were in shock! I know several people that have had breast cancer. One has survived 20yrs now, the others over 12yrs. They have a full and active life!

I had a peek-a-poo dog for almost 17 yrs. Her name was Pookie.

You'll be in my prayers Blanche

Well, that's the worst birthday present I ever heard of!! Give it back!!!

I am heartened to hear your anger. I think of you as a tough gal and I know you can beat this thing.

My very best wishes to you. Keep us posted. We are here for you, kiddo!

Marguerite

So sorry to read this Ms. Blanche, but I know that if there's anyone that can beat this cancer, you are the one! And I know you will!

My sentiments exactly. This is just another reason for you to stand up and fight! Never say die! Be strong, as this can be beaten! You just need to step up to the challenge & face it head on. You are in my prayers Blanche! ~Karen

Less than three years ago I had breast cancer. It is not fun but you will get through this and it will make you a stronger person. The worst part for me was the 45 min MRI. Their will be lots of docter visits and to much blood work. If any of your female family menbers have had any female cancer talk to your docter about getting the brac test done. I know one person who had the lumpectomy and lymph nodes surgery done. She than had the brac test done and it come back postive and than she had both breast removed. After you have surgery and the pathology reports come back then you will know what stage of cancer you have and then the plan of treatment will start. My family is going through alot of stress and I am reading a book from the library called "Happy for No Reason" by Marci Shimoff. My prayers are with you.

Blanche:

What a bummer of a birthday gift!!!! And after the doctors had been poking on you for a year, too!

Go ahead -- make your plans for treatment, then hop on a plane for Nawlins. I'd go during Easter Week (it's around the corner!) -- we did that once and had an absolutely wonderful time. We flew into Nawlins, got a rental car, went to Avery Island, bought goodies at the McIlhenny store (Tabasco's mfr), ate lots of great seafood and got to hear the choirs rehearsing for Easter services at St. Louis Cathedral in the French Quarter. Drooled in the antique shops on Bourbon Street. Might be good medicine for you right now.

You are in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

Hi Blanche,
Sorry to hear the diagnosis. I was just recovering from a hip replacement at 60 when I got my diagnosis of breast cancer. Get the lab info and the pathology reports. Mine was very early, not fast growing, no spread to nodes.....I was able to get by with lumpectomy (actually refused radiation and medication but that is not standard protocol and I couldn't advise anyone else to do it).

One huge help to me was breastcancer.org which has a forum similar to valvereplacement. It provided lots of information, suggestions, and support. There have been improvements in diagnosis, treatment and research in the last seven years also.

Best wishes.

Pat

Aye, Blanche ... very sorry!

Thoughts/prayers coming your way, of course.

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker * 07/24/2010 = Chitown #3 *
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"The tide's gonna turn & it's all gonna roll your way" ... Dolly Parton ... '9 to 5'

Latest posts

Back