Up jumped the devil

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blanche

Happy to be here
Supporting Member
Dang it, I just found that I have breast cancer. Really made me mad. They have been prodding and poking me for almost a year...with no concerns. Now, they say that I have breast cancer on the left side. I must tell you all that the cat (pookie) and I have been snuggled up together and we are both pissed off.

And, this all happened on my birthday.....

Praline, watch out because I have always said that If I knew that I was going to kick off in 48 hours, I would run to the airport and land in New Orleans. Here I caome.

Blanche

Oh Blanche This is NOT what i was hoping to hear. You know you have my prayers and I really believe your strength and attitude will serve you well as you fight this.

Blanche, hugs and prayers are coming your way. I've been there so I know how you are feeling right now. Overwhelmed and scared, but I survived with a lumpectomy, chemo and radiation. It's been nine years now and I'm still here. I had kidney cancer the year after that and the year after that I developed chronic myloid leukemia, so I will live in "cancerland" the rest of my life. They say only the good die young so I'll be around a long time yet!

Blanche,
I am so sorry to hear this, and it sure shouldn't happen on your birthday! Hope Pookie is keeping you good company. Keeping you in my prayers for a good recovery.
Luana

Not to be a moron, but have you thought about the next steps? I'm sure your still in shellshock and really haven't thought about it, but if you have, let me know?

This isn't your first battle, and I don't think it will be your last! Show the cancer how fierce you can be, and channel that anger into your fight. We all know you are a champion. Sending love and a hug, Brian

Blanche,

I'm sorry to read this. You must be in shock. I hope it helps you to hear that my mother had breast cancer in her 50's and is still going strong at nearly 85. Also my father's mother had it at 80 and died of something unrelated at 93.

Great strides have been made against breast cancer and almost all cancers in general. There are new drugs coming out all the time. If you have early stage breast cancer, you should do very well with the treatment plan your oncologist sets up for you. Some women with early stage cancer don't even have to undergo chemo, just lumpectomy and radiation, and then something like Arimidex for several years if needed. I hope that is the case for you. Take things one step at a time. Rely on your oncologist. You will get through this. Mine was diagnosed in 2004, and I am still here.

Blance,
I'm so sorry to read this and send you love and prayers.
My best friend's niece is an example of what Nancy described above. She (37) was diagnosed with breast cancer, had lumpectomy and radiation (no chemo) and is doing great.

Your strength will help you through this........ as will all of us in any way we can.

If it gives you any comfort, these are the gals I know who were diagnosed with it. They are all fine now.

Me, lumpectomy, chemo, radiation and Arimidex, 6 years ago
My college roommate, lumpectomy, radiation, Arimidex, 6 years ago
My roommate's sister, had it early and extensive, high grade cancer, genetic problem, mastectomy, chemo, radiation, Arimidex or equivalent, 20 years ago
My former Sister-in-law, lumpectomy, lesser chemo (the kind that you don't lose your hair), radiation and Arimidex, 6 years ago
My neighbor, a little older than I am, diagnosed about 30 years ago, extensive, high grade cancer, double mastectomy, chemo, radiation

So I still say, you will do OK. It sounds like they caught it very early.

Hugs to you Blanche..!

Hugs to you Blanche..!

My dearest Blanche..!

It's definitely a shocker at first, but focus on the positive and fight it..! Have all the diagnostic tests that you can before you decide on which treatment to go with.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back