TXWildflower

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXWildflower

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi to all of Rhena's wonderful supportive friends. This is her sister Rhonda and her surgery went well. We just saw her for the first time but she was still asleep but I guess she has been irritated by the intubation tube so they are hoping to take it out soon. The surgeon said she did not have a bicupsid valve as first thought but turned out to be a tricupsid valve with thickened valves and some kind of membrane. Not calcified at all. I will keep you updated and pass along any msg's. The only place the have Wi-fi is in the main lobby. Bye now. Rhonda Smith

Glad they're talking about taking out the breathing tube soon -- that's always a big step. (Lucky me, I had it for an extra period of time).

Again, as I said in the post-op thread, it's so good to hear she came through fine. Thanks for posting here, too -- I know the Throwdowners will want to send their special best to her.

Rhonda - Thanks for the update on Rhena. As she will tell you, we, the Class of 2011, have to set a good example for others to follow. Sounds like she is doing her part. We're all praying for her continued success.

Update on Rhena. All is well except the weather. Rhena is recovering at a rapid pace and the doctors & nurses are amaxed. Of intubation, oxyegen & some other tubes removed today. Up in chair 3 times & starting to eat. Pain being controlled with Narco and this time they only gave her Tylenol. We are expecting snow tonight and since she is still in ICU I may stay home tongiht, Thanks for your prayers and posts. Rhonda Smith

Latest posts

Back