Two Years ago today and I would like to say a special 'Thanks' to this forum

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdx_guy

Two years ago I was going in for an aortic valve replacement and bypass. I had no one and went through the entire ordeal alone.

However, I came here for answers and was warmly encouraged by many. When I came out of surgery and was in ICU I received not one, but two calls from members here asking how I was doing. I can never thank you enough or express what that meant to me at the time.

Now, two years later, I can't believe how great I feel and am _still_ amazed at all the things I can do!

You guys are the best.

My humble and heartfelt thanks to you all.

Congrats, pdx_guy, and many happy returns, from a newbie.

This is my second Internet support group for patients -- my first was AchillesBlog.com after I tore my second Achilles tendon (and I'm still an addict there!). This kind of website is one of the most helpful and important and terrific uses of the Internet, period, IMHO! (I won't list the others, because it might start a fight! ;) )

The odds of finding somebody in our own immediate circle of family and friends who has the experience and knowledge and interest we need is basically zero, even if we've got a bunch of family and friends. But with this "virtual community", and others that have coalesced around other conditions and treatments, the answers and opinions and support comes back at lightning speed, from many communities, countries, even continents. Brilliant! And it's often a new challenge for doctors, too, because they've never before had to deal with patients who are so well informed about their condition and their choices. Brilliant!

Latest posts

Back