Two months plus...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrichardson

Still doing well. I'm down to just taking metoprolol and aspirin, in addition to my daily vitamin.

The doctor wants my heart rate to be "stable" in the 60's to 80's (though to me a resting rate in the 80's seems high). We've changed dosages a couple of times, per her instructions. We started off with 2 metoprolol per day. Then went to 1 (half in the morning, half in the evening), now I'm at 1.5 (1 in the morning, half in the evening).

And amusingly, my wife has basically said it's OK for me to go to an upcoming NHRA drag racing event, but when the local high school football team starts playing, I can't go to those games, because I get too excited and too "emotionally invested".

She and I may need to re-visit that as it gets closer.

How "big" are your metoprolol tablets? They come in varying sizes, and knowing your dosage would help others understand what you're going through.

I started out and have stayed with "just one" tablet of metoprolol daily, but the dosage has gone from 100 mg/day to 50 me/day, and finally to 25 mg/day. The decrease made a major difference in how I felt.

Latest posts

Back