Tribunal vent

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zipper2

K like really i just had ENOUGH disability turned me down and now
they want a tribunal in july after my cardio appt comming up next thursday.
Least they aren't gonna wait 3 months for tribunal:mad:either way!!!!im getting fed up.

I should be able to be ready,don't have an exact day(date) in july yet.
This is such BS though i called my Cardio and he says to bring all my stuff
they sent when i leave next week for my appts in Edmonton

I wonder if i can do this as i'm going in to represent myself:eek:
going n front of boards isnot a fear for me and i do have good reports
they are waiting for this last report from cardio,so he says it will be ready.

Days like this make me fed up i could go to work and say screw this
crap,cus i wanna work and cardio and i had few words over this,like really i'd like to at least TRY!!!! and rule him wrong.:confused:maybe!!!!

Well the frost has left and black clouds back and sure is dark here.
Sounds like i've got a fun summer off to look forward to with this
hanging over my head now.

I told my cardio this is it one more try and i have to go to work
and pray for the best,cus this has really put a damper on us with
hubby's hrs cut.sides cpp isnot gonna do alot for me anyhow monthly.

This is it either i come back from Edmonton and they listen at the tribunal or i have to return to work,still gotta wait a month or so for the tribunal decision.

I'm also gonna go talk to work this aft see if i can't master out of roadtrips and court and just stay in cellblock area away from everyone and
sit at my desk (ungermily) and blow the shifts,my cardio says no it won't make a difference for me i cannot go to work,so then what part of no do cpp not see in our requests for pension.:confused:
This is more stress than work.........REALLY!!!!!!
I am scared to go back to work but that option is there for me and i may have to use it and find a new Cardio,cus he quits he said not gonna look after me and i blow it.I can't just sit here at 48 years and do what? not work
ever again.

Life is never easy is it.Thanks for allowing me to vent,i will be leaving for my appts on wednesday here and i will make a decision (tribunal or back) to work for me.:(

This is just stress.can't wait to see my Cardio next week and decide what i'm doing in real life.......This is nuts!!!Sorry for the complaining:mad:

zipper2 (DEB)

No problem Deb. We are here for you. I am at a loss while bureaucrats seem to believe they know how a person should feel and how long it takes to recover. I pray that you find a solution that makes you happy and at peace.

Deb,
I feel for you and this is ridiculous what you are going through. There is something wrong with this picture. The cardio doesn't want you to work and has filled in all the forms to ensure that you are not able to work (I presume!). Is disability missing something or are they just being jerks? Being in limbo is no fun. I hope that you get this sorted out soon. If you are unable to work and disability gets approved is there anything that could be fulfilling that you would be able to do on a 'volunteer' basis? Just thinking about loud about solutions.

Take care and sending 'hugs'

I highly suggest you DON'T represent yourself, but obtain counsel to do it for you. Your system up there sounds as screwed up as it is here. I know I'm up for recertification now and it just adds to the stress of not knowing if your income is going to be cut off just because they feel like giving you a hard time or what. I know my last entanglement with them was such a joke and left me stressed for a total of 4 months before they finally sent a letter saying they would ask again in the future. Well the future is now. I just hope they don't pull the same crap of sending me to one of "Their facilities and their Doctors" again. Talk about a quack farm. Then they sent a letter stating that their doctor couldn't make a conclusive decision on my case, so they sent me to a real hospital and real doctor to do the tests again and I failed miserably, but they still put me through hell to that point.

Ahhh gee whiz Deb.
trying to get disability is like trying to get water from a stone around here. They might come and say to work for 3 hours a day, every other day. Like that would do any good???
If you can swing it, try not to represent yourself. Maybe your doctor could help you out.

I'm only suggesting this because that is what a friend of mine had to do, and workmans comp wants him to work 3 hours a day every other day - like who's gonna hire him?

Try to think positive, it's another wait and see game.
Damn government!

Disability is a joke! It is almost impossible to get here, unless you don't need it. I am going to sue my policy provider that I had from work they owe me nine months of back disability from last year, it took them a year to tell me they were not going to pay me. I was just fine. Now this was a work policy I had. I was a accountant, which I could not possibly do that job any longer and do it properly! I am going to the state and try to get my SSI, I have to get another copy of my marriage license that they keep stealing the money I send so I have to travel two hours to do that. It just makes me mad at the doctors office when others just say well my medicare will pay for it.!!!!!!!

I highly suggest you DON'T represent yourself, but obtain counsel to do it for you. Your system up there sounds as screwed up as it is here. I know I'm up for recertification now and it just adds to the stress of not knowing if your income is going to be cut off just because they feel like giving you a hard time or what. I know my last entanglement with them was such a joke and left me stressed for a total of 4 months before they finally sent a letter saying they would ask again in the future. Well the future is now. I just hope they don't pull the same crap of sending me to one of "Their facilities and their Doctors" again. Talk about a quack farm. Then they sent a letter stating that their doctor couldn't make a conclusive decision on my case, so they sent me to a real hospital and real doctor to do the tests again and I failed miserably, but they still put me through hell to that point.

OHHHH but Ross i want my day in there just cus im a b----:eek:
but a nice one (LOL)honest they have already put me through hell and i want my day with these QUACKS!!!!!only i have to be nice,i think i can do that for a
hour,then i'll go crazy after the tribunal,i know the cardio is doing a phone conference and my family Doc said he'd be there,and i wanna be there.
they already have their Doc,lawyer and pirates hired ,they can bring the king and queen and whoever the heck they want,but i'm going in with my armour suit and sword and ,and,and lol see they already turned me crazy and :mad:
I wasn't going to do this but they pushed me over the edge already;)
I'm getting my ammo ready and i'm not taking their poop im pooping back.
It likely won't help but least i get to chit in their face and feel better.......ohhhh watch me end up in the cellblock,the boys haven't seen this side of me at work:OH well least i'll be at work:D:p one way or another.
I'm already:mad:and :( can you tell;)

Thanks all for your feedback and good wishes and yes theres other
things i can find myself to do,other than returning to work,just returning to work (PAYS) lol well my lifes never boring for sure,and Bina your so likely correct saying i likely willnot be able to return to the job i had,but if i could only see how long before i get good and sick thats another fear of the unknown for me,my luck i'd get bum stabbed and get endo or something or swine flue in the prisons........OH GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR life sucks at times.
I'm praying hard so hope i get some answers either way.
Ross i hope all goes well for you and prayers for you too,it sure is stressful
crap for sure to deal with.

zipper2 (DEB)

You have reality on your side, Deb. Present your paperwork and if (as the gents at my Veteran's Affairs Review Board said) they're not doctors then tell them where YOUR DOCTOR has written that it is not advisable that you work. You don't need a second or third opinion since you've already got them, your family physician, your cardiologist and third, your surgeon... What part of DANGEROUS do you think the CPP board has trouble understanding?

Take Heart, you'll get your say and then some I reckon... Play their rules but play YOUR game, it will all come out in the wash. Best of best,
Pamela.

You have reality on your side, Deb. Present your paperwork and if (as the gents at my Veteran's Affairs Review Board said) they're not doctors then tell them where YOUR DOCTOR has written that it is not advisable that you work. You don't need a second or third opinion since you've already got them, your family physician, your cardiologist and third, your surgeon... What part of DANGEROUS do you think the CPP board has trouble understanding?

Take Heart, you'll get your say and then some I reckon... Play their rules but play YOUR game, it will all come out in the wash. Best of best,
Pamela.

I think so too, but they do enjoy making you miserable up to that point. I know people that were forced into bankruptcy waiting on their decision and I was nearly one of them. One more month and we'd of been done. It took 3 years for mine to get approved. During that time, we went through all of my lifetime savings, Lyns income from working and were just a hair away from losing it all.

Will i'm leaving tomorrow "alone":(for this 2 day appt with my cardiologist
in Edmonton,got a bit of a drive and if i don't hit the busy traffic getting in
i should be fine:rolleyes:

Ive spoke to my cardio yesterday and mentioned i did some redecorating at
work that maybe would fit the criteria of me returning his answer was NO.
I really don't know team whats gonna take place with my tests and how things will show up and what hes doing for me for this tribunal i have no dates for (YET) either.Stressful situation for sure.

I can't get my cardio to bend my way at all,so hoping tests kind of change his view of things for me,i really hate having to be a nice pretend person for this and my life seems so unknown it saddens me and Chris i believe this
kind of crap effects the health also.

But i will be outta here after 1 tomorrow and when i'm returning i amnot so sure,my cousin from calgary and i are gonna get together and spend some time in Edmonton through all my tests and what ever trouble we can get into:eek:there,so it will be nice to have the support as Dale's not able to attend due to work.I plan to return on the weekend sometime and will update
not sure i'm taking my laptop so you maynot hear till i get home how it all went.Likely throw the laptop in the car,with all tests and stuff maynot get used though.

Take it easy when i'm gone and you all behave:D:p ((HUGS))

zipper2 (DEB)

zipper2(DEB)

Deb, I was the person who wrote before and tld you I was turned down at the appeals level (after judge) in US. I'm sorry for what you are going thru. I was indeed VERY mad when the judge said i was "a person of younger age" and "not credible". To the person who asked in a post replying to yours..."are they jerks"....yes at least my ALJ was. I had 6 doctors all saying I couldnt, shouldnt work. What did you list as your major ailments? Aneurysm wont do it unless its of the brain. I know that in US. I'm trying again (I'm a glutton for punishment) for disability, this time listing my major complaints, which are, nerve deafness, depression and arthritis, as the top three, with fibromyalgia, heart problems (pulmonary regurg, lifelong coumadin therapy), plantar fasciitis, migranes and daily migraine auras rounding out the list. They WANT you to quit at this point. Don't let them make you quit.

What is galling is that I know of a man in Vancouver BC who is claiming benefits and working. Despite someone telling the authorities they have done nothing to this man.

It seems to wrong that you should be given such a hard time and I hope they see sense. I received only compassion from the Social Security doctors who had to decide whether I could have it or not. I had one check then a year later a second check (whilst on benefits) then they have signed me to have benefits until it is time to collect my old age pension. I only get 90% of the full rate but do get credits towards my pension.

I do hope all goes well for you.

Wow what an appt!!!!

Wow what an appt!!!!

Well dont exactly know how to say this,but it's been an intertaining 2 days at the cardio appt.

Number 1 i'll stress i had holter,pulmanary,and ultra sound done paper results will be at my family doc's on Tuesday.

Met with cardio and we had a Loooong discussion regarding my surgery Jan 22/09 and why my 17 year old aortic valve wasn't done as well because the surgeon who did my surgery would have liked to taken it out and also replace it.Seems a surgeon who got hit by a car or whatever and was himself in icu
under alot of medication for his leg,was still able to call the shots regarding my life:eek:
I met with this so called surgeon and let me tell you it was ugly a whole other posting ,this ones not the place.After a heated discussion,i left but got to say my 2 cents regarding his complex decisions regarding my heart,while he was so under medication in icu due to his accident and how he could ever make a judgement call such as he'd made.

Eventually not too far down the road i will need a Aortic valve replacement which could have been done in jan22nd/09 this is why i amnot feeling 100% yet from my surgery when the mitral was replaced so should the aortic have been replaced as well:( and it wasnot:(

My cardio was very,very understanding and said the surgeon performing my surgery then called him to request backup but the cardio wasnot my cardio yet and hadnot been assigned to me and had no data on me to say go ahead.
The only person to call that shot was the 1st surgeon who planned on doing my surgery,till a car hit him.Dr Moodry saw it needed to be replaced,asked and was told no by this other idiot surgeon.and i recall my testing last sept and i hindered at the idea of not doing both valves i argued with the 1st surgeon and he kept saying no,no we dont fix something thats not broke.

Anyway i waited along time for my surgery of the mitral,stalls,delays it was killing me the wait in morwe than one way.
My atria is severly dialated,everytime my mitral pumped blood back into the atria,normally you don't pump any blood there.

So the atria normally faces a pressure of 10,the pressure in my pumping chambers from my understanding what cardio has told me,your ventricle is same as the blood pressure reading in my arm example 116/79 on me this day so my ventricle goes up to 116.
The mitralvalve prevents leakage of blood so that top chamber isnot ever
exposed to high chambers in bottom chambers,so the top chamber about 10 mil of mercury when it's leaky it gets exposed to that pressure of 116mil of mercury.
So what happens it will either explode:eek:i'm joking i mean the human tissue dialates and this is where my afib originated from according to my cardio we waited too long for surgery:( my atria is very stretched therefore blood leaks into my lungs,will it come back to size? nope will it get worse,do i worry ...nope not yet.Not much we can do about it they hate cutting out extra tissue so they don't cus of risks of stroke etc,but we need tokeep a close eye on it for sure.

When a mech valve of 17 years has been good,should they have messed with it? i say yes cus look now whats happened.
Do i respect the surgeon with busted leg do i respect his decision? i'm sorry but hes aware i donot have any respect for him in any way,shape or form.

Was this a tough call,a borderline decision? that now i will need a 3rd valve surgery:(:(oh man i'm so hurting ,so angry,so tearful,so confused as to why one person made the wrong decision for my life.
Strange and weird it is and would i have risked with a doule valve a surgical risk? All these questions,no human can answer for me.

The mitral is great working fine the 17 year old aortic meaasurements for blood going through the av poorly...Will it get worse...Yes ...how long we don't know 6months ,a year,could it last longer....no answer accept it will get worse.

will this was my appt and yes i'm angry and hurt,and need some time to take this all in,can't sleep,stress and worry only bring it on faster,so i have to
buck up accept this and go on one day at a time and only know how badly i need all of you here still.

im closing for now and will post on what my plans for cpp and discussion my cardio and i had for another day ive gotten this much out for today.Thanks for listening.

zipper2 (DEB)

Oh Deb, I can hear the pain and anger in your voice, and I would be so wild too, if it was me in this situation.
You have been through so much already and now this??????
I can't help really, but wanted to send you my thoughts, and aroha (love)

Bridgette

Deb,
After reading about all you have been through I want to come to Canada and just give you a huge hug. But the economy being what it is, that sure as heck isn't possible. So I am sending you giant HUGS, HUGS, HUGS and more HUGS. I cannot even begin to comprehend all that these medical personnel have put you through. I shall send a prayer up in your name that you somehow find resolution and peace in all that has happened.

Don't get angry. Get even. For all the crap you've been put through, drag Mr. Call the shots into court.

Oh Good Gravy Marie.
Hit them with your best shot Zipper, what have you got to loose. JERKS!

Special thoughts and prayers going in your direction.
(((((hugs)))))

Latest posts

Back