Tomorrow's the big day!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristen

Can't believe it's finally here, house is clean, finances are in order, shopping done, already to go. The waiting is just about over, 12.5 hours until surgery, wish me luck!! Any final advice anyone? Thanks to all who have provided advice and good wishes, see you on the other side!

Hi Kristen.
I am a new member here and have been through what are going through tomorrow. Best of luck to you and I can only encourage you to think positive. It's not as bad as I thought it would be at all. In fact on the second day after surgery as I was out doing my prescribed walk in the hallways I encountered people who were scheduled for sugery the following day. They were amazed at how I was up and about so soon and was feeling so good..
Again, good luck to you and look forward to hearing from again soon

Best of luck as you head in. My last bit of advice is to make sure that you leave plenty of time when you order your meals, since it takes a long time for them to make it up to your room. The slices of bread can dry out on their trip up to your room, but the rolls are better. Enjoy the view when you walk to different spots in the ward. And feel free to talk to the nurses about anything, since they are all top notch and love to help you improve.

Still continuing positive vibes and hoping all is well with Kristen. HOpefully someone will be able to post on her behalf to give us an update.

Hey Kristen. Hope all went well and you are 3 days post-op now. I know you have not logged on yet, but wishing you strength for walking around hospital, breathing with spirometer, and just recovering well. Hope your husband and teenage kids are doing good as well.

Latest posts

Back