Tomato Soup

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srinivassusu

Simple Tomato Soup

Ingredients:
Tomatoes big 2
Onion big 1
Ginger 1 small piece
Salt as per taste
Pepper as per taste
Water 4 cups

Method:
1.First,boil water in a pan.
2.Add tomatoes by cutting it into halves, add big pieces of onion to it. Add ginger piece and allow all three to boil till the tomatoes are easy to peal. Then remove from heat . Allow
it to cool.
3.Remove the ginger piece and remove the outer skin of the tomaotes.
4.Now grind the onion and tomaotes into a thick paste.You may filter it if necessary.
5.Then to the same water used for boiling pour the juice of the above and keep boiling till it thickens.
6.Add pepper ,salt as per taste and serve hot.
Bread sticks will be good with this.

SRINIVAS

I just love tomato soup and this would not be as salty as the canned kind. I like to add some milk to my tomato soup - just adds a creaminess to it. Bread sticks certainly would complete the picture. I also use croutons.

Thank you for this, I will use your recipe. Living alone, this would be ideal for lunch or light supper.

Another form of tomato soup:

1 can of tomatoes, either it be hole, diced, frozen or your homemade preserved/canned tomatoes.

Heat just the tomatoes in a pot until they are hot, but not boiling
stir in 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda, this removes the acid from the tomatoes and will cause a lot of white foam, lower heat to low and continue to stir.

Once the foam subsides, using the tomato container add 3/4 of milk, salt and pepper to taste and stir in 1 teaspoon of butter. Heat until hot.

I just love tomato soup and this would not be as salty as the canned kind. I like to add some milk to my tomato soup - just adds a creaminess to it. Bread sticks certainly would complete the picture. I also use croutons.

Thank you for this, I will use your recipe. Living alone, this would be ideal for lunch or light supper.

I like milk instead of the water too (when making canned) BUT we always have grilled cheese with it, (Justin is a dunker, I'm not) so instead of croutons, I started making an extra grilled cheese sandwhich (or 2 :) ) and cut that up into crouton sized squares and put them in the soup, YUM.

Latest posts

Back