TheGymGuy Updates.. 3/27/2012

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news all around. I've been watching your updated posts all day, without time to respond, and it was interesting to get a glimpse into what the sugery experience is like for spouses. Thank you for sharing all the updates...you were joined by many of us here all day waiting for more and more good news. Hope everything continues smoothly and that you both get some rest!

Great to hear everything went well! Hope things continue to go well in his recovery and can't wait to hear from him and see how he's feeling.

Thank you for the updates, and while he's getting his butt kicked in the ICU he's still kind enough to ask how others surgery went. That's a good guy right there, good on him.

I'm new to these boards, but V. was very helpful in answering a question I had about asymptomatic severe stenosis. Now I feel like I know him! I'm so glad to hear he's doing so well. Hang in there yourself, too.

Great to hear everything went well! Hope things continue to go well in his recovery and can't wait to hear from him and see how he's feeling.

Thank you for the updates, and while he's getting his butt kicked in the ICU he's still kind enough to ask how others surgery went. That's a good guy right there, good on him.

True that Ovie, when I was in the ICU I couldn't think of anything but trying not to go crazy. V is a tough guy.

Thanks for keeping us posted on V's progress. Didn't have a chance to jump in yesterday, but looks like things went very well (and fast!). Amazing he was awake and responsive before 4:00! I was still being closed up last time I went through and wasn't up until 2:00 the following morning. And as Ovie said - to be alert enough to think of another two surgeries going on.

Looking forward to more progress updates and to hear from V himself. Don't bring him anything to bench press in the hospital bed, no matter how many times he asks. Gotta work on recovery for now.

J,

Thanks for the play by play - it was almost like being there (but I've already done that).

Very glad he's doing well. Not at all surprised that the nurses were surprised at his being asymptomatic. Folks who are in good shape usually have fewer to no symptoms up until surgery. I know I had all the staff surprised that I was still running and working out with what was left of my valve, but the body has a way of compensating. Just look out now - as soon as he has recovered some, he'll be better than ever!

Hi J,
Tell V in case he asks that the none of the others who had surgery yesterday have checked in. It is however possible that they didn't have a spouse or friend who could give us updates and we will need to wait until they are able to update us themselves. I am glad to hear that V is doing well. You guys keep up the good work. He will be up and about in no time. Just gently remind him that he is not Hercules just yet and to take it slow. :biggrin2:

Hope everything continues to go well.

Give Vadim a few Q-tips in his hand if he feels the need to lift something :smile2:

Hope your looking after yourself.

Hope Vadim is still doing well,
Sorry i couldn't get online but was thinking of all those undergoing OHS
Love Sarah xxx

Things will only get better from here on. Just don't get overzealous and do anything you shouldn't do yet!
Everything in time. :)
karla

This is GymGuy. Just want to say quick Hi.
Everyone says we are doing well. About to go for the second walk. First walk was in the am. Took about 50 steps out and back. Only have chest tubes, catheter and one IV left.

Last edited:
Wouldn't you know it! Hardly a day after surgery and you're online posting. Next thing you'll be telling us your getting discharged in the morning! Please take it easy, Vadim.

Anyway, I am tickled to hear things are going so well. 50 steps is great. A little more each time with as much rest as you can get in between.

Thumbs up!

This is GumGuy. Just want to say quick Hi.
Everyone says we are doing well. About to go for the second walk. First walk was in the am. Took about 50 steps out and back. Only have chest tubes, catheter and one IV left.[/QUOTE}

Im really happy that you're doing so well Vadim! I hope that it continues to do so going forward. Make sure that you get plenty of rest and don't try to do too much. Take care!

Tom

Great to see you post! 50 steps is progress. Continuing best wishes for a smooth recovery.

About to go for the second walk. First walk was in the am. Took about 50 steps out and back.

Well, not that anyone is keeping track, but this read to me like it was a round trip, so he may have actually taken 100 steps, not 50. :thumbup: Either way, great job Vadim, we were expecting great things out of you, and so far you have not disappointed.

Latest posts

Back