The Importance Of This Forum for This old Geezer

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDMc

While my surgery was over many years ago, there have been a lot of feelings, and questions related to my valve, and ACT, that this place, and you folks continue to be an invaluable help with. Most recently you have helped with advice, prayers, and support for my friend, as well as helping me celebrate 26 years with my valve. I am not here often these days, but want you all to know I do think of you often, and am always with you in spirit. So many times I read a thread here, and find myself laughing and crying within a few lines. I have been blessed with remarkably good overall health. Many of you have not, yet you continue to fight the good fight in your daily struggles, and provide wonderful support, information, and guidance for the rest of us. I want to urge you all, not to identify with your illnesses, or conditions, but with the compassion, intelligence, and spirit you show here. Those that have to struggle the hardest in life are the true champions. Every little battle our spirits prevail in, is a real victory. As my friend Phil used to say "Who loves you? Me!" Thank you for inspiring and nourishing my spirit. Your valve brother, Brian

As my friend Phil used to say "Who loves you? Me!" Thank you for inspiring and nourishing my spirit. Your valve brother, Brian

And the same goes here my friend! Your kindred spirit is always uplifting & the warmth of your words resonate in our hearts!

Thank you for being you, Brian! :)

Thanks for sharing, Brian! I have found myself taking much for granted, so it is nice to see your post.

Hi Valve Brother Brian,

I loved reading you kind words. We sure are like one big family here. Sometimes we argue, debate, and on and on,.. but mostly we all join together when someone is in need of information. To me, this is the most important part.

I'm an old Boston boy myself. I grew-up in Hyde Park, went to Boston Tech, and then on to Bridgewater State from there. Put myself through school by playing in rock and roll bands doing the NE circuit. But that was a long time ago.

Most of my family still live up there, but are now on the southshore. I do have one cousin that lives in Newton, and also works at Tony Jarvis Appliances up there in Wellesly. (sp)

Love your picture. It reminds me of when my dad would take me, and my uncle out into Boston harbor in a medium siz rowboat powered by a 12 hsp Evenrude motor. Wow... did we used to catch fish back then,m all the cod and haddack you could real-in. It sure isn't like that anymore with all the floating fish factories off-shore fishing the bank.

Hope you have many good years ahead, and l look forward to seeing your posts.

Rob

this place, and you folks continue to be an invaluable help.

I am not here often these days, but want you all to know I do think of you often, and am always with you in spirit.

I have been blessed with remarkably good overall health. Many of you have not, yet you continue to fight the good fight in your daily struggles, and provide wonderful support, information, and guidance for the rest of us. I want to urge you all, not to identify with your illnesses, or conditions, but with the compassion, intelligence, and spirit you show here. Those that have to struggle the hardest in life are the true champions. Every little battle our spirits prevail in, is a real victory.

As my friend Phil used to say "Who loves you? Me!" Thank you for inspiring and nourishing my spirit. Your valve brother, Brian

Brian, you always have kind words for all of us on the forum. Your sign off, "your valve brother, Brian" has always been to me a warm hug. I know you are with us in spirit. I don't post as often as I did early on but I check in often to see how folks are doing. You are right, the true champions are an inspiration to us all, they help us to be humble as they also give us strength.

I wish you continued good health. :)

Brian .. nice words and good to see you ... life is full of exciting, wonderful adventure ... always remember that it is worth going out on a limb, that's where the fruit is ... peace out...:cool2:

Thank-you Brian, the same goes for you too.
And it is so true and touching that your closing line is "your valve brother, Brian" is like a warm hug (with a few goose bumps).

Hugs back at you Brian

Oh Brian, this made me cry. You are such a sweet spirit and one of my most favoirte people. I haven't been on much here lately, so much in my life going on. I have joined the other site too so I bounce back and forth reading and posting. I work from 1:00 - 10:30 pm at the hospital on the Cardio floor. I love my job but I ask myself why I am still working. I guess because I can and it helps a little bit with our money situation. I love the quote "Who loves you? Me!" That goes for "Me" too! !

Thanks gang! Just seeing your avatars makes me feel good! Rob, a special thanks to you. It's nice to hear about your background in my neck of the woods. Makes me wonder if I ever heard you play? It is too late to address each of you, but you know how I feel...Like we're are related. Your valve brother, Brian PS: Girls I send each of you a hug and kiss, cause God knows I would/will do it if we ever meet. Glenda, you are one of my heroes.

Hey Brian.....nice to see you popping in here on VR with your natural kindness and common sense approach to life.
***Good thing I just washed my hair since you are passing out hugs and kisses. ;)

Thanks gang! Just seeing your avatars makes me feel good! Rob, a special thanks to you. It's nice to hear about your background in my neck of the woods. Makes me wonder if I ever heard you play? It is too late to address each of you, but you know how I feel...Like we're are related. Your valve brother, Brian PS: Girls I send each of you a hug and kiss, cause God knows I would/will do it if we ever meet. Glenda, you are one of my heroes.

Better start puckering now, cause one day I'm coming to your neck of the woods.:biggrin2:

While my surgery was over many years ago, there have been a lot of feelings, and questions related to my valve, and ACT, that this place, and you folks continue to be an invaluable help with.......... Brian

Thanks for saying this so well. Like you, I came out of the "dark ages" regarding valves, OHS, ACT etc., etc. I found this site site only a few years ago and have learned much and have had a lot of questions answered about "stuff" that has troubled me over these years. Knowledge is the best defense against myth and superstition......and the support of others who have "been there, done that" is immeasurable.:thumbup:

Brian,

Simply an awesome post.

AMEN.

:)

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |* Chicagoland Meets, 2011?
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I wouldn't trade those days for nothin'" ... Mark Wills ... '19 something'

Latest posts

Back