TFBruce HOME

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TFBruce

All-
What can I say? The days leading to my RP were just the worst ever. As I am sure you can all relate, the fear of the unknown and the anticipation/questions/fears can eat you up.
I went in for my RP Wednesday at 8:00 AM and am home Saturday!
Another scary adventure: leaving the hospital. The ride home and walking up the stairs were very tiring, but talk about feeling so much better: no vitals all through the night, no endless line of visitory. Just Erica and I!
I cannot believe how great my incision looks, either! The whole experience, so far, has been so much better than I had imagined.
I won't go on for now, as I am tired again, but wanted you all to know that Dr. Oswalt said both valves were perfect fits, and it was just a wonderfully successful operation.
More later,
Bruce

So good to hear from you, Bruce. Rest, walk and take a "little" advantage of Erica's TLC! I'm glad this is behind you and there's no place like home.

Glad to hear that your home and doing well. Be sure now NOT to over do things.
Take one day at a time.

Be Good to yourself and enjoy the TLC.

Glad to see your post and can wait but really cant:p for your

post up post,take care of yourself,and don't overdo it

zipper2 (DEB)

Happy days are here...

Happy days are here...

Bruce:

Don't you love it when a plan comes together?

It's wonderful to hear that all went well for you and that you are steady on the road to complete recovery.

Kind regards,
Blanche

Welcome home, the best place to be! After the ride home from hospital, I got out the car and walked round to the back yard to inspect my garden, I hadn't seen it in almost a week!

Rest, eat and nap, don't overdo it, and best wishes for a speedy and bump-free recovery from here.

What a wonderful post surgery post! I'm so glad it is going well for you. From what you describe it sounds like it has gone exceptionally well. I hope it keeps on like this until you are all healed up.

When the surgery is finally over -you feel so relieved.
Glad it was a success!
Dina:)

Hi Bruce

SOOOOO glad you're home and posting and that everything went well. Just remember, don't do too much.....The vr.com motto is walk, walk, walk, nap, nap, nap, breathe, breathe, breathe.......take it easy and slow.

Evelyn

Welcome home, Bruce

Time to rest now for you and for your wife. Your post will be so inspiring for those going to surgery with fears!

I am happy that all went well my prayers that you continue recovery smoothly:)

I am sure you have some instructions from the hospital. As for me, I was advised not to go upstairs more than once in the first two weeks.

Welcome Home Bruce ~ I'm glad to hear that everything went so well for you. I hope you continue to have a smooth recovery.

Best wishes,

Dawn-Marie

Latest posts

Back