TakeStock's MV Repair was successful

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TakeStock

I'm supposed to be released tomorrow so I'll give the full story then. But for now, just wanted to say my MV repair was successful and I should be as good as new in a few months. The post-op has been a bit more painful than I expected, especially when the chest tubes started pressing on my lungs. Oww! Fortunately, they were able to remove the tubes last night so right now I'm just on vicidin every 4-5 hrs to deal with incision pain. All wires/tubess are gone except for one IV line. I also underestimated how much trouble my IBS and gas would cause me, but the IBS seems to be better now too. Regarding the intubation, I had that vent tube in a good 15 hrs because I could not wake up. My surgery was at 7am and I finally was able to wake myself all the way up around 9pm. However, the tube didn't hurt at all, only the dry mouth was difficult to tolerate.

Good to hear all went well, I will be praying for a quick recovery! I know what you mean about the chest tubes, to me that was one of the worse parts of the ordeal.

So glad to hear from you and everything went well... Looking forward to you getting home and reading your posts!!!!

Bill, congratulations. Here's wishing you the best for a speedy recovery and a positive rehab experience.

Randy

Glad to hear all is well. Make sure you get you rest & do not overdo it. Best of luck to you & God Bless

Congratulations on the repair! Now see, you were obsessing about the vent tube for nothing!:) I agree that the dry mouth thing is hard to take.

So happy to know that all went well with your repair. I hope that you continue to recover beautifully & are able to go on with your life as usual. :)

Stay well!

Great news, Bill--and really glad to hear the intubation/extubation wasn't a problem. You give me hope!

May the rest of the recovery go smoothly and quickly.

I am so glad to hear a good report from you. Each report I hear makes me feel a little better about my husbands upcoming surgery. I will be glad when he is ready to ask me more about the people in the group and how they are doing. Very seldom does he ask any questions but there has been a few. Acceptance that surgery is needed takes a while.

I am so glad to hear a good report from you. Each report I hear makes me feel a little better about my husbands upcoming surgery. I will be glad when he is ready to ask me more about the people in the group and how they are doing. Very seldom does he ask any questions but there has been a few. Acceptance that surgery is needed takes a while.Bill I hear your surgery went well and you should be home recovery soon!AS for you Two Stock I don't remember the tube and had very little incision pain.My one regret was not taken the sleeping pills when offed till the 5th day.So don't be shy on the sleeping pills it will save you a bad back down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back