Swollen Man Boob on incision side - what gives

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hook

Well, I had the minimally invasive surgery with the incision on the right side, and now 8 months after surgers I have a bit of a man boob. I kept thinking the swelling would go down, but it does not. :mad2:

Aside from my reluctance to go to a pool shirtless, my newborn keeps giving me the eye.:eek2:

Anyone heard of this problem

I had the sternum cut and also a double bypass.The vien they used for one of the bypasses came from my left side boob area .They must have used a "Captains Hook" to free the vein up on the left breast side.The left side boob is bigger and much,much sorer than the right.When the doctor is doing the surgery,i think they sit on the patients right side and put their ashtray on the left.

I had two thoracotomies as a child so my scars are on my back around to under what is now my left breast (of course, no breast when I was four in 1972 and 11 in 1979 ). So even though you're baby is checking you out - just be grateful you're not actually nursing him/her! Can be a bit of a tender area even all these years later when a wriggly infant was grabbing and then with teeth ... OUCH!
Hope you work out the problem.

Brother bigsidster

So let me get this right;When the doctor is doing the surgery,you think they sit on the patients right side and put their ashtray on the left. So does the beer go on the patients forehead?

If you had had a center cut (sternontomy), your manboob would probably be at the top of your incision. From what I've read it takes a long time for the swelling to go down, and I bet your side cut is no differerent. I would ask if massage/pressure would help.

If you had had a center cut (sternontomy), your manboob would probably be at the top of your incision. From what I've read it takes a long time for the swelling to go down, and I bet your side cut is no differerent. I would ask if massage/pressure would help.

Massage,,,, hmmmmm. The thought of feeling myself up is disturbing, but I will give it a try.:tongue2:

Side Effects

Side Effects

Didn't they tell you that growing man boobs was one of the little publicized benefits of having OHS? (Just kidding, of course)

-Philip

Yes mine was/is in the center at the top .... now I have three:tongue2:
Massage,,,, hmmmmm. The thought of feeling myself up is disturbing, but I will give it a try.:tongue2:

Try it ... I think you will be pleasantly surprised:biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back