surgery tomorrow!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cewilk

Well, tomorrow morning is the big day. I actually feel surprisingly calm about everything. Just ready to get it over with. I will be at the hospital at 430am. Thanks for all the advice, info, and encouragement from y'all on this site. This site has been a huge help. I will update as soon as possible later in the upcoming week.

Also, 'Hayley' is having her surgery tomorrow too!

-Chris

I'll keep you (both) in my prayers. Will someone be able to update us until you can get online? Remember now your job for the first few days is do all your breathing exercises and walk as often as you can, Justin is your age, really believes that helps alot in getting home ASAP and then once home helps the recovery. IF you are in pain, don't try to be brave, let them know, there is no reason to be in that much pain these days, yes you'll be sore, but shouldnt be in pain.

One other thing if you havent done it, you might want to practice getting up from your bed and a chair with out using your arms, a couple times so your body knows the easiest way for you to do it, before you have to.

Looking forward to hearing from you again

Thanks for the tips.

My parents are both with me. I'll show one of them how to log in to my account and post an update message.

Good luck cewilk. Please ask your parents to update us with any and all news as time permits. I will be sending lots of positive thoughts and energy your way tomorrow. One moment you will be chatting with anesthesiologist and next you will wake up and be finished with surgery. All will be well.

Wishing you a calm and peaceful journey. Time will fly and you will be viewing this experience thru your rearview mirror. Get some rest this evening. I will be thinking of you this a.m. and sending you, your parents and surgeons prayers for light and strength.

We'll be thinking about you and eager to hear how it went for you! My turn is fast approaching on Aug 10th! I too am eager to get past it! Hang in there! Think Positive!

Best wishes for a peaceful approach to your surgeries Mike1952 and Raquetshopper! I focused some of my pre surgery anxiety on researching and buying a great heating pad, a pedometer, a new thermometer and a precise scale. All essentials, in my opinion, and based on the fact I had a plastic and very uncomfortable heating pad and antiquated scale and thermometer. I ended up on Amazon reading reviews and researching basically diverting and channeling my energies to preparation for recovery mode. Stay positive and think of how great you will feel! I am 11 weeks out and am improving by leaps and bounds with MUCH more energy and stamina than pre surgery.
Thoughts are with you CEWILK....onward and upward! Ask for those pain meds and chapstick!

Hey, it's me already! The Ross procedure went very well. They just pulled the breathing tube out and i maxed out the total volume on the spirometter a few times already! I feel drowsy and somewhat weak. Of course chest is sore as hell. I can't believe how decent I feel now! Thanks to all of y'all!

I'm out of the bed and sitting in a chair now. They are going to have me start walking some later today. Chest tubes and catheter will be coming out tomorrow. The amount of pain I have isn't severe, but very sore as expected. The surgeon said the operation went perfectly.HR staying consistent in the low 80s. No weird palpitations or anything.. So everything's going great so far!

I'm out of the bed and sitting in a chair now. They are going to have me start walking some later today. Chest tubes and catheter will be coming out tomorrow. The amount of pain I have isn't severe, but very sore as expected. The surgeon said the operation went perfectly.HR staying consistent in the low 80s. No weird palpitations or anything.. So everything's going great so far!

That is most excellent. Now remember to pace yourself so that you don't overdo things. :)

Awesome news! As Bina said, one step at a time.

Best wishes for a continued smooth recovery. :thumbup:

Yeah buddy!!!!!!! You might be outta there in 3 days total. Great Job!!!!! Sounds like you are doing well and similarly to how I was doing. Hopefully, this all is a great beginning to an awesome recovery.

Thanks everyone. I had the surgery at East Carolina University Heart Institute in Greenville, NC. The surgeon was Dr. Koutlas. Today is day two. I've done three walk so far. It feels pretty uncomfortable and got a little out of breath, which surprised me. Pain is tolerable, just really sore in the chest, ribs, and back. They will be taking out the chest tubes tomorrow which I know makes things feel a lot better. Unfortunately, looks like I'm not gonna get outta here in three. t
Despite me doing pretty well, they wanna keep me until Saturday. Probably going off the morphine tomorrow too. Thanks for all the comments and support, it really means a lot!

Latest posts

Back