Surgery Today!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike1952

My surgeon's nurse called yesterday and asked me to move the surgery from Friday to Thursday. She said there was an emergency they needed the operating room for on Friday. My first thought (cynical side) was the surgeon wanted a three day weekend..... Anyway, I happily agreed just to get it done 1 day sooner! But that meant I had to scramble to get work done before being off a month.

I am surprisingly upbeat and feeling good this morning! I am having my last drink of water as I write this. By tonight, I will be "post-op" with a new aortic valve!!!

Thanks to all that regularly respond to this forum, it has been my main source of information from folks that have been there! Sometimes it has been scary, thinking of all the struggles some have been through, and also a picture of someone's chest open but it has been real and heart felt. Much appreciated!

Mike

Good Luck! We'll be thinking about you. Please have someone post when they/you can, and let us know your progress.

I've been that semi-emergency patient who scheduled for "as soon as the schedule permits," so...yeah, he may want a long weekend, but more likely, he's running tests on someone and prepping them (like dropping their INR) for surgery tomorrow. It's good you could accommodate the change.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you today Mike. I look forward to hearing from you in recovery!

Tom

Mike,
What a brave person! Best wishes to you and your family. You should be on the road to recovery soon and enjoying the rest of your life. Once you settle in with your rehab let us know how you’re doing. Your experiences and perspective will be valuable. In the meantime concentrate on taking care of yourself.

Cannot wait for your post back. Hope all is well at the moment and we will hear from you tomorrow. I;d say its going to be exactly what you expect it to be.

I called St Joseph a short time ago and was told Mike was up and walking and doing pretty darn good, this according to the nurses station. I was forwarded to room but Mike was talking to a doctor so not able to speak with him.....truthfully I didn't want to bother him since surgery was 3 days ago but just wanted to tell him he was in all our thoughts and prayers. :thumbup:

Yo Brad,

The phone did ring while I was talking to the surgeon; if I'd known it was a "valve-replacement.orger" I would have told the doctor I needed to take the call!

I did ok although they had to open me back up because there were signs I was bleeding internally. It didn't matter to me, really! My poor wife had all the worry! I was just trying to stay away from any "bright lights"!

I got home yesterday (Monday) and although I am sore and weak, I am also determined to stay on a walking schedule. Thanks, everyone!

Aortic Valve replaced with a 25MM Model 3300TFX Bovine Valve on August 9, 2012

Latest posts

Back