Surgery Success

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill hall

All - I completed my surgery at Johns Hopkins about a week ago and happy to be back home. They replaced the aortic root aneurysm as requested, but not my homograft aortic valve that was working fine. The surgeon said it was in perfect condition and decided not to make the change. Maybe some remember from 2007 when I was looking for a surgeon to do the valve with the aneurysm. I got pretty lucky when they said I could put a plug in the pseudo-aneurysm. Pretty strange how fate will change your life. Anyway, I am not disappointed by the result, but it does change my future (good or bad).
Bill

Bill, I have been anxiously watching for your return and am so glad all went well and you are fine with the outcome of surgery. I am curious to know if the procedure took the 12 hours' time that was anticipated. How many days were you at Hopkins? Although I follow a lot of cases here, yours was so much more real to me because I knew the "walk" you took through the surgical area as well as where you spent your postop recovery time and the staff that cared for you. Welcome back and happy recovery! Pat

Bill, I am so happy to read your update. You had been on my nightly prayer list since I heard of the upcoming surgery, and kid you not, last night I was really beginning to question how long you were going to have to remain on it since I hadn't seen anything posted!
Best wishes for many trouble free years with your homograft valve.
Mary

Hi Bill,

Thanks for sharing the good news. I hope you have a speedy recovery, and have many healthy years ahead.

Rob

Thanks for all your responses. I really relied on this site my first time through, but not enough time participating this time. So, I am off for 4-6 weeks and would like to see what goes on here now.
Jeff - JH is a great place for your surgery. I will send you more in a private message
Pat - I will get back to you via private message.

Bill

Latest posts

Back