Surgery Date set for December 1st but we have no money....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meganmitch

After weeks of the doctors office dragging their feet, my husband finally got a surgery date of December 1st. Unfortunatley since we are out of work we dont have insurance therefor everything will be coming out of pocket. Today the financial counselor called and said the Ross procedure is gong to cost around $150,000 and after or 70% charity we owe somewhere around $7500. We have to come up with a minimum of $3700 before they will do the surgery. We have already sold one of our vehichles and are living on money my dad gives, which is just enough to pay our bills and feed our family. My husbands case is very severe and the doctors will not release him back to work so he MUST get the surgery. Please keep our family in your prayers tonight as we try to find a way to get through this and get my husband in surgery.

I'm sorry to hear this. Do you belong to a church? Sometimes they can help members financially if they are going thru a rougher time. If you belong to a church, you might want to call and talk to someone, (or stop by in person during the week)
Also I would contact Larry Kings Foundation, I don't know if they help in cases where the hospital is cutting the cost alot, but IF they can't help you, perhaps they can give you some ideas of someone who can. http://www.lkcf.org/site/PageServer?pagename=patient_main
My last thought, (is a little harder for many people and is something many people wouldn't feel comfortable doing, but its worth a shot and I know some people have much success getting money for things like surgeries this way) maybe you could just get the word out, thru your town or even somewhere like Facebook that your family needs a certain amount of money -either the whole 7000 or just the 3,500 you need right away so your husband can have his heart surgery
or have something like "Beef and Beer" or other fundraiser type thing, I've never put one together, so can't offer any suggestions on how to put something like that together or where to start.

Is your husband eligible for short term disability thru his work?

Last edited:
NOW on the calendar so Gods help and our prayers can continue
God Bless

My husband is scheduled for the Ross procedure on the 1st of December. I've been reading up on it and have some questions for those of you that have had this same procedure.

I've read it takes longer than the normal valve replacement surgery, about how long is the surgery?

Is the recovery time the same as a normal valve replacement surgery?

I know these are questions that need to be addressed by my husbands surgeon, however, we werent even aware they wanted to go with this procedure until registration called. So until i can speak with his doctor, any information i can get would be great!!!

As i posted Monday, my husbands surgery was put on the schedule for December 1st pending our payment of $3700 was paid. I mentioned what a struggle it was going to be to come up the money since my husband is not working and we have no insurance. Well, after speaking with my father for awhile he said not to worry about it that he would pay for the surgery. Im so thankful that i have a dad that is willing to help us not only make our bills but go above and beyond inorder for my husband to get the surgery he needs. I believe more than ever now that our god is an amazing god and walks beside us throughout everything we go through.

Its really starting to hit home now for the both of us. Though i'am scared i know everything will be ok.

After weeks of the doctors office dragging their feet, my husband finally got a surgery date of December 1st. Unfortunatley since we are out of work we dont have insurance therefor everything will be coming out of pocket. Today the financial counselor called and said the Ross procedure is gong to cost around $150,000 and after or 70% charity we owe somewhere around $7500. We have to come up with a minimum of $3700 before they will do the surgery. We have already sold one of our vehichles and are living on money my dad gives, which is just enough to pay our bills and feed our family. My husbands case is very severe and the doctors will not release him back to work so he MUST get the surgery. Please keep our family in your prayers tonight as we try to find a way to get through this and get my husband in surgery.

Last edited:
Hope your husband has a successful surgery and bump free recovery.
Please let us know how he's doing.

Latest posts

Back