SuperBob goes under the knife on Tuesday; hold a good thought!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob, I used to think you were a virtuous guy. :) But now!!!!!! :eek:

Tales of drug induced lusting after ladies in uniform, intravenous happy juice and then followed boasts of an interest in S&M and upcoming energetic threesomes. Have you no shame man. :D

.............................. carrying a cane around .............. exercise from his most excellent personal trainers. (Lois and Wonder Woman);)........................

Bob, I used to think you were a virtuous guy. :) But now!!!!!! :eek:

Tales of drug induced lusting after ladies in uniform, intravenous happy juice and then followed boasts of an interest in S&M and upcoming energetic threesomes. Have you no shame man. :D

Easy there oh multi-breasted one..... The virtues of the caped one are without question ... you want to be invited to the party don't you?:eek::rolleyes::p

It is a great relief to be able to move ahead, Betty. The doc gave me the PT prescription but didn't tell me when to start. So I just went ahead and scheduled the start-up appointment for Monday. Guess if they decide I am not ready, they will delay it a while, but I think I am ready.

So glad that you are healing so well. You'll be able to go walking in your beautiful parkway just at the height of fall color. Lucky you!!!

If you had waited much longer, I'd have had to come back personally to get you motivated to go under the knife. Now see, wasn't so bad after all, really. And wow!! isn't it an amazing improvement??

Best wishes!

Marguerite

So glad that you are healing so well. You'll be able to go walking in your beautiful parkway just at the height of fall color. Lucky you!!!

If you had waited much longer, I'd have had to come back personally to get you motivated to go under the knife. Now see, wasn't so bad after all, really. And wow!! isn't it an amazing improvement??

Best wishes!

Marguerite

Thanks, Marguerite, your encouragement and information have been great helps. But maybe I should have held out for that personal motivational visit. :D;)

It is a great relief to be able to move ahead, Betty. The doc gave me the PT prescription but didn't tell me when to start. So I just went ahead and scheduled the start-up appointment for Monday. Guess if they decide I am not ready, they will delay it a while, but I think I am ready.
One of my sons had knee surgery last year and the physical therapy was very beneficial. I was surprised at how quickly he began it. Hoping each day improves for you :) .

"I'm sensing SB is eager for all that physical manipulation!!" -- Bina

"Nah, he just wants to snag them girls with his cane" -- Freddie

Superbob is wondering: Has global warming turned things upside down -- the hottest women now are in Canada, not the U.S. South? :p:p:p

Actually, as far as the cane is concerned, SB has now discarded it. Soon he will be walking the trails again, with a walking stick from Indonesia in one hand and a leash attached to a happy Superdawg in the other.:);)

Glad your back,and all went well for you
Take care to heal that knee up and no spreading
your cape for wide leaps for awhile:D

Zipper2 (DEB)

Sorry for the Very Tardy Post...

Sorry for the Very Tardy Post...

Superbob,

To put it bluntly: I TOLD you that this would work! :D

Sorry I wasn't able to be online during that part of September when you got your surgery. My internet connected computer's hard drive's directory was destroyed (files gone, no OS, etc.) and it took over three weeks to get it all fixed up again. DiskWarrior got the data back, but I had to reinstall everything, and am still not done yet.:( Then the final fruit harvest from the orchard got in the way of my even knowing about your surgery until tonight. Sounds like you had the same quick recovery I experienced (and still benefit from). :)

God bless, and I hope to resume getting involved with the VR talk again after I finish with picking the last apples and plums for the year.

Chris

p.s. Since Laura didn't post the weather: Dry, breezy, warm, and sunny day!

Superbob,

To put it bluntly: I TOLD you that this would work! :D

Sorry I wasn't able to be online during that part of September when you got your surgery. My internet connected computer's hard drive's directory was destroyed (files gone, no OS, etc.) and it took over three weeks to get it all fixed up again. DiskWarrior got the data back, but I had to reinstall everything, and am still not done yet.:( Then the final fruit harvest from the orchard got in the way of my even knowing about your surgery until tonight. Sounds like you had the same quick recovery I experienced (and still benefit from). :)

God bless, and I hope to resume getting involved with the VR talk again after I finish with picking the last apples and plums for the year.

Chris

p.s. Since Laura didn't post the weather: Dry, breezy, warm, and sunny day!

How very nice to see your thoughtful post and to hear from you again. I am just preparing to go to what will probably be my final physical therapy session (depending on what the PT decides). Your advice was right on target -- the operation did help. Of course, I still have old-age arthritis starting to set in and the "scoping" can't do much about that. I walked all over our zoo on the mountain with the grandkids on Sunday, and BOTH knees ached. But I am walking the dog regularly again, and will keep moving -- determined to do that. And I have a good chance to keep improving. It's up to me.

Again, I am most appreciative of your timely advice on the knee. This of course relates to heart health, too, because it's important to stay active to keep the ticker ticking. :)

Cheers... (It's cold here in the Blue Ridge this morning, and been very windy past few days.)

How very nice to see your thoughtful post and to hear from you again. I am just preparing to go to what will probably be my final physical therapy session (depending on what the PT decides). Your advice was right on target -- the operation did help. Of course, I still have old-age arthritis starting to set in and the "scoping" can't do much about that. I walked all over our zoo on the mountain with the grandkids on Sunday, and BOTH knees ached. But I am walking the dog regularly again, and will keep moving -- determined to do that. And I have a good chance to keep improving. It's up to me.

Again, I am most appreciative of your timely advice on the knee. This of course relates to heart health, too, because it's important to stay active to keep the ticker ticking. :)

Cheers... (It's cold here in the Blue Ridge this morning, and been very windy past few days.)

I'm glad to read how well you're doing, Bob.:) Our son is facing similar surgery so I appreciate your good report.
Guess you will be a regular in the WeighIn again? I need SuperBob's help whisking away 60 baby shower cupcakes that made an appearance at my house this past week-end.;):p

Sounds like you are recovering nicely. How's the flying been? Does the take off require your knees or just determination?

Sounds like you are recovering nicely. How's the flying been? Does the take off require your knees or just determination?

Superbob's knees of steel are a tad dodgy for takeoff -- don't bend well. But after that, he soars! :(:rolleyes: Superbob got good news at PT this morning -- his PT continues for another round! Next session is on Halloween -- Superbob may go as himself.:)

Of course the fact that he has a gorgeous brunette and gorgeous blonde as his PTs has absolutely no bearing on Superbob's joy. ;)

Mary, Superbob thanks you for your well wishes too. (And good wishes in return for your son!) As for the ThrowDown, Superbob has been getting tired of just saying "no change" every Friday. So he may report to "Movin and Groovin'" for a while and just drop in to harass you stalwart ThrowDowners from time to time.:D

Latest posts

Back