Successfully ove to the other side

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enkaynj

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Dear Friends,
By God's grace, my Surgeon's skills and this community's encouragement, my AVR went without a hitch on the morning of July 6th. (Now I know what getting hit by a truck is like)
In addition to a Bovine tissue valve, they also replaced a portion of the aorta which was a bit enlarged with a DACRON like tube. Apparently it took only 10 extra minutes and since they were already in there, it was recommended to avoid any future repairs. I was released yesterday (July 11th) into the custody of my family. First night was bit rough finding the right reclining position in the bed (the hospital bed really spoils you) but I caught some good zzzz's eventually.
The surgeon Dr.Mack, anaesthesiologist Dr.Horswell, other doctors and the hospital staff in the Heart Hospital Baylor Plano were so caring and fantastic and I would highly recommend them for those who can have it done in the Dallas metro area.
I will keep everyone posted of other details regarding my recovery and answer any questions I can that newcomers may have.
Once again thanks to this community and God Bless you all.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear things are going well. Keep up the good work, eat, sleep walk do your breathing etc., to keep things going so well :)

enkay - Glad you're home and all went as planned. Now just follow the instructions about rest, breathing exercises, walking and all, and time will fly. You'll be cruising along in no time.

This is an amazing post so soon after your surgery. You sound in good spirits, too. Best wishes for continued steady recovery.

Coherent and clear TOO !!!

highs.gif
congrats.gif
highs.gif

Latest posts

Back