Streets of San Francisco

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I am in San Francisco for the week and I am walking back to the hotel from the office. I don't know if I am going to get a chance to test one of the big hills, but I did walk over a "small" hill (pretty decent sized for a flat lander) this afternoon and walked almost 2 miles.

I was breathing a little hard, but I wasn't really short of breath, it was a good feeling not to be wheezing my lungs out. I am still just a bit wary of getting my heart rate way up, so about half way up the hill I stopped for a couple of minutes and was able to catch my breath in no time. I had changed out of my office wear and had those in my backpack along with my laptop and other stuff, so I had another 20 lbs on my back.

My legs are a bit sore from pounding the pavement, but I plan to give it a go again tomorrow afternoon.

Little steps when taking those "small hills". Don't try taking you normal stride, shorten your stride and take your time. Been there done that ....well not in San Fran but in Vancouver, B.C. Taking breaks along the way is a good thing.

and if think your legs are sore now....wait until tomorrow. (smile)

Little steps when taking those "small hills". Don't try taking you normal stride, shorten your stride and take your time. Been there done that ....well not in San Fran but in Vancouver, B.C. Taking breaks along the way is a good thing.

and if think your legs are sore now....wait until tomorrow. (smile)

I remember the small steps. I used to run cross county in high school and college. Our team won on the hills because we knew how to attack them.

BTW, I will wave "hey" when we go past Vancouver. We are going to take an Inside Passage Cruise out of Seattle in May.

Back