Started new position at hospital

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenda

I have landed a new position at the hospital. I am now a unit secretary in our Cardio Department. So far I work from 6:00 am till 2:30 pm. I did pull an evening shift last night. (2:00 - 10:30) I really like the evening shift better. And being the new person I have to pull the hours no body else wants. I have to work Memorial Day but hey that's okay. It's time and half. Can't beat that! :biggrin2:My doctor is the main cardiologist there so at least I'm in good hands if my heart gives out!:smile2: He told me again the other day when he was giving me the orders on another patient. "You are like the ever ready battery, you just keep going and going!" I said "thanks doc" I take that as a compliment. My heart surgeion is also here. So I'm surrounded by the best if I need them, and of course they are well aware of my problems.

Congratulations. Really cool working with your cardio and surgeon. Sure makes you feel safe while at work. :)

Hmm Walmart just might make her a total wreck. I watch what some of those people put up with there and I think I'd slap someone silly my first day.

CONGRATULATIONS, Glenda!

Sounds good ... how was working on Memorial Day?

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker * 07/24/2010=ChitownMeet #3 *
MCs.Caprice | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I kept my heart hidden" ... Bryan White ... 'So Much For Pretending'

It wasn't bad at all. We were busy but it's nothing like General Surgery. Now if I can just learn the routine and the cardio terms and protocol for cardia surgeries. It takes about 45 minutes to do a CABG discharge. It's unreal! I did three today. I still don't know what my permanent hours will be. They are talking about having the secretaries pull hours like the nurses. On three twelve hour days and off four. I don't know if I would like that or not but oh well I'll have to wait and see what happens. It would be nice to be off four days in a row.

Latest posts

Back