Some fear heart surgery, I fear hospitals and Doctors!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

Well group, I think I've embarked on one of our dreaded upper GI bleeds. Time will tell, I'm sure. Not to be gross, but truthful, 4 days ago I had one stomach cramp like you have when about to explode with diarrhea and ended up with black tarry stools. I was hoping it was my imagination. 2 days ago same thing. Today no, but I've been dizzy and just not feeling well at all. Took my BP and now I'm really paranoid 66/40 and again a few minutes ago, 77/45. :eek:

I think I'll be calling the Doctor tomorrow and if you don't hear from me, I'm back at my secondary home that I so dread ever going back too. :(

Ross, I hate to kick you while you're down, but shame on you. Why have you waited four days to see the doctor?:confused: Please call the doctor first thing in the morning, if not sooner. This is nothing to mess with, but I'm sure you know that. Plus what are we going to do on here with you in the hospital?:D I had to interject a joke there. Seriously, though, get thou to thy doctor. My sermon for tonight. Oh, and by the way...LET US KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON!!!!! LINDA

I don't think you should wait until tomorrow. And being bad is not going to get you a spanking, so don't even think it will. Please take care of yourself.

Well I'm sorry, but after my last surgery, I'm forever paranoid now. It's going to take Versed just to get me in the door. This is not something I want to do at all.

My biggest fear is going in and never coming out. This is just how it is for me. Nothing is ever easy and turns into way more then originally thought.

Ross, I agree, I don't think you should wait until tomorrow! Either call (for on call advice) or get yourself to the ED. I know how you feel.....I am the world's biggest avoider of doctors, hospitals and surgery. But when I had a GI bleed, I actually did get myself in to the ED and was admitted.

If your blood pressure is that low, you may really need some supportive treatment!

Go, Go, Go!

Take Versed (can you get that at home?) or whatever you need to take to get there. You know I take my Ativan to get to anything medical. You said to me, If you need it, take it. I say that to you. If you need it, take it!

Prayers for Ross..

Prayers for Ross..

Ross..

I have no fancy words to make you feel better and don't know what to say other than that I read your post and just want to send you courage and support. You and I both hate hospitals (because hospitals/doctors kill more people than guns in a year) and doctors, but at times when we have problems like the one you mentioned, we just have to give in and go. No other way around it because we need to find out what is wrong.
Hoping for a good outcome.
Prayers and best wishes coming your way.

Now Ross, don't be a baby about going to the hospital. We ALL hate the place...so you have no excuse. Do whatever you have to to get there. Now I'm sorry that I suggested you do it first thing in the morning although I did say "if not sooner". After reading Karlynn's and Nan's posts, I also vote for tonight. At least call the doc tonight. Hurry up now! LINDA

Ross - Hon - you should not wait until tomorrow. Extreme pain and blood in stools is an emergency situation. Please go tonight. Do whatever you need to do to force an ER visit.
I am praying that you listen to us and head on out. We need you around.

I understand your feeling about ER, been there many times and waited and waited and wated, however I did go late one night and there was nobody there, got right in. If you can, I would go now and don't forget to tell them you have chest pains, they see you immediately. Good Luck whatever you decide Buddy

Oh Ross,

I understand your fear. And will not push you any more. If there is anything any of us can do to help, you know we will do it. You have but to ask.

Ross, I am sorry you are going thru this and hope it is an easy thing
on a purely selfish queston IF you do end up at the hospital is there anyone that would update us? Lyn

Ross, Ross, Ross

Ross, Ross, Ross

Ross, You know very well that you would be the first one on here to tell one of us under the same circumstances to GO TO THE ER!!! Well, if your BP gets much lower you will pass out and you wife will call 911 so there!

You are so well informed that they won't get away with anything untoward. Have faith, Ross, many will be on here praying for you.

This place wouldn't be the same without you so get it taken care of and get back to us.

I ignored it to

I ignored it to

I did the same thing right before Christmas of 05. Had 5 hospitalizations that year and could not handle another. Hence a Monday am and first snow and ice storm of the season I looked in the mirror and noticed my color had left my face and I was so weak. GI bleed and a hemoglobin of 6.2. ICU with bags of transfusions. The endo showed a mass which needed to be dealt with by one special machine which did it two weeks later. Mine was high up and has the Prevacid daily helped. When you call they hopefully will tell you to go to the ER to be admitted. This year they diagnosed Crohns in the same area the mass was. Seems rather odd. Might be that dang diver if you had such cramping. Good luck tomorrow.
Kathleen

OK Ross, but just so I can sleep tonight...please tell me that your wife knows what's going on with you and can monitor your condition overnight if necessary. You have told her about this, right? LINDA

Ross,
Please heed what you know would be your own advice and get thee to the hospital. Won't rest easy until I know you are under doctor's care!!

Ross,

I ought to look up your address and call 911 for you - but they can't make you go. The longer you wait, the more likely your prophesy is to be fulfilled. Go tonight, please.

Latest posts

Back