Smoking

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This smoking thing is something you ALL need to think about. Most of you are at the age where you were around second hand smoke in your younger years. I don't want to imply that this may have caused any of your situations, but it sure didn't help. My dad quit smoking about seven years ago, that was after smoking about thirty five years!!!! He hates that myself and my brother still smoke, for obvious reasons, and to be honest, I hate it too. To think that all this pain that you all have suffered could be avoided by possibly quiting smoking OR never starting makes me even more determined to stop. I don't want to walk down the same road you all have, I'm not that strong. I keep making the excuse that when life's moguls calm down I'll quit. I don't think with four children that will happen any time soon, so the time has come. I plan on quiting on a certain day and will do my best to be an ex-smoker from that day forward. I owe it to my kids and especially to Dad who decided to stick around a few more years for us. My brother and I owe it to him to quit. Getting Glenn to quit might be a little more difficult, he doesn't have "little people" at home getting on him. The next few weeks will be hard but you guys have been through hell and I would not ever conceive that quiting smoking will be that hard. You ALL will be my inspiration along with my children.
And Thanksgiving will have much cleaner air if I have my way.
Laura

YOU GO, LAURA!!! YOU ARE MAKING THE RIGHT DECISION FOR BOTH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. ROSSMAN HAD A GREAT IDEA, NOVEMBER 21. WHATEVER DAY YOU CHOOSE, THAT WILL BE THE DAY YOU ARE AN EX SMOKER!!!! I GREW UP WITH 2 PARENTS, BOTH OF WHOM WERE HEAVY SMOKERS, AND BOTH DIED OF CANCER AT VERY YOUNG AGES....I THANK GOD EVERY DAY THAT I HATED IT FROM CHILDHOOD AND NEVER STARTED. YOU WILL AND CAN DO THIS---YOU CERTAINLY SOUND LIKE YOU HAVE A STRONG WILL, AND THAT IS TRULY WHAT YOU NEED. WHEN MY HUSBAND STOPPED, HE WENT THROUGH LOLLIPOPS LIKE THEY WERE WATER...EVERY TIME HE WANTED HIS PIPE, HE TOOK A LOLLIPOP INSTEAD.....IT GOT HIM THROUGH IT AND THAT WAS 27 YEARS AGO. I WISH YOU THE VERY BEST OF LUCK

EVELYN

Latest posts

Back