small update on me again! if anyone isn't tired of hearing!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad you found someone that will take the time and talk to you. I only have to put in my two cents regarding the psychiatrist though. Most psychiatrists do not have much training in therapy, they are experts and figuring out what drugs to prescribe, because of your hard times with dizziness and what I know of psychopharmacology from school almost all anti-depressants have a 20% chance or higher of causing dizziness. What I would suggest is finding a LMHC that specializes in PTSD http://www.psychologytoday.com/ this website will have almost all LMHC's in your area listed. A liscenced mental health counselor has more training in therapy than another other professional. And since it doesn't seem you have any psychotic disorders a psychologist might be unnecessary. I'm in school now for mental health counseling and we get extensive training on forming trusting relationships with our clients and helping them to solve their problems. I go and I don't have anything wrong with me now, I go to my therapist and she helps me figure out how to handle things like dealing with family members, my procrastination, my fear of hospitals, etc. I really look forward to going each week.

Jackie, I think that you have done remarkably well in your 8 month recovery. It's a big surgery and alot to deal with.
Having an understanding cardio will be a huge help in moving forward and gaining confidence.

Latest posts

Back