Six flags

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcasey5

I know this is a bit light hearted, no pun intended, but I'm going to Six Flags this evening with the family. I had AVR but no other heart blockages, no heart attack, no nothing.

Do I have a heart condition? I got it fixed, so I think I don't, sort off. I want to ride the rides!

I know this is a bit light hearted, no pun intended, but I'm going to Six Flags this evening with the family. I had AVR but no other heart blockages, no heart attack, no nothing.

Do I have a heart condition? I got it fixed, so I think I don't, sort off. I want to ride the rides!

When did you have youe AVR??.....

March 13th, 2008

Approx 5 months ago

I think I would ask my cardio if I was you?..but I was not one to follow instructions:D?.you should be healed by now?.they say your sternum is healed in three months or so??

As far as the ?heart condition??..I don?t feel like I have one as far as my activity but I sure as hell do when it come to buying insurance etc :mad:

Some people heal quite solidly, quite quickly....mind you, some of those rides have an incredible amount of force.
Be safe and phone your cardio. Or stick to the kiddie section. LOL

Thanks guys and gals.

I've healed really really well, so I'm going for it! I'll start out small, I hope not too many people laugh when I'm on the merry go round!

Let us know how it goes. I'm heading there myself this Saturday. It will be my first time on the big coasters since my surgery, too!

Randy

My husband is 58 and had his AVR nearly 7 years ago. We take the grandkids to 6 Flags Over Georgia every year and he rides the coasters with them. He also has no other heart problems just the valve replaced and just like you he says he had a heart problem and now its fixed and thats how he lives his life coumadin and all.

I rode the rides at DisneyLand with 2 mechanical valves and no problems - but it was a couple years after my surgery. You might wanna run it by your doctor's staff.

I haven't asked my cardio since I got the pacemaker (I had some problems with a lead coming loose early on). I'm a weenie on these rides (my wife and daughter love them), and I'm mostly banking on the pacemaker drama as a valid excuse to keep me off of them.

My evil plan is working so far

I take a significant dosage of beta blocker, and I think that's why I felt like passing out on some of the rides @ cedar point. It just felt like I wasn't responding adequately to the adrenaline. If you take a beta blocker you might feel dizzy.

I'd actually like to see if anyone else feels like that on beta blockers.

I did it! Went on the water rides, that big funnel thingy and Tony Hawk half pipe, the mind scrambler (I think? :D ), and the Jokers Jinx . Thats all I had time for, and I had no problems!

I'm getting my life back one piece at a time! :)

Latest posts

Back