Seven Weeks update & Fitter than before the op

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeakyUK

Last week saw cardio and surgeon and had preliminary rehab session. Cardio will see me again after 12 month echo - otherwise all well. Surgeon removed two stitches which were impeding healing - more bits of nylon sticking out so these are not quite as 'soluble' as described.

Step test OK so 8 rehab sessions coming up. Walking up to 4 miles a day (A 90 Min challenge to a local museum). Much easier than in the year before surgery. Driving again, and I have no excuses to put off return to work - planned next thursday (8 weeks post op), but hoping to be permenantly part time.

Meds - Warfarin currently at 4.5 mg/day, Lisopril (for high BP), Metroprolol - stopped in hospital due to bouts of A-fib, but due to re-start. Still taking fluoxotene for anxiety, but this should reduce as I settle back to work.

Discomforts - chest pain when coughing, muscle aches round side ribs and the incision is not yet fully healed. All slowly improving.

The big milestone was 4 weeks 2 days when I stopped feeling massively tired, and started to become significantly more active.

Now, if only the rain would stop!

Hooray, Leaky! Sounds like you're on track, complete with the "Eureka" moment at around 4 weeks. The next one of those should be at around 7 or 8 weeks. Keep on walking!

Latest posts

Back