Seven weeks scar pic

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Always Assume Positive Intent
I just found this section based on topless's post, so posting my seven week scar photo. I hope the attachment works, if not will try another route.

seven weeks.jpg

Oh my lord, what happened? It looks good Jason, has a female surgeons touch to it. Once the hair grows over you will never see it again. They had fun shaving me too, took forever, they probably missed their coffee break:)

Nice and straight, friend!

Mine isn't as straight, but it looks like it will fade out to match my skin sooner than yours. Of course I'm a whole week farther out than you, but I don't think mine has changed much in the past week.

Thanks, everyone. Mine is still quite red, although I think that is just how my body heals. I will probably not fade out as quickly as most, but I know from other scars that it will eventually do so. I will have to keep it out of the sun for the entire summer, I am guessing!

Thanks, Bina! My incision was glued shut, so no staples. The drain hole at the bottom was stitched shut and now I have what looks like a division sign instead of a second belly button as others have. I started using scar gel after this pic was taken, and it seems to be helping in fading out the scar. The only problem with that statement is that I don't know what it would have done without the scar gel, but it is looking better in any case.

I have three drainage tube scars as well Steve! They look very odd. My gorgeous daughter thinks it looks like a smiley face (boobs for eyes, long scar for nose, three drainage scars for mouth!). It gives me a giggle if I'm feeling yuk about them.

They don't really bother me, except that they pucker differently than the main scar does. Must be a bit of middle-age flab lower in the abdomen. . .

For me, the one real "stand-out" feature I've gained is the prominent bulge of my pacemaker. It looks like somebody forgot a tool in there. The scars are already a close match for my normal skin tone.

Latest posts

Back