Ross Young

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hank

VR.com Founder, Now just a Member
Our friend and fellow heart valve warrior passed away today, November 30th 2013.

For many years, Ross was an absolutely instrumental part in the growth and day to day moderation of ValveReplacement.org.

Ross had battled physical ailments for several years, but always went out of his way to assist others with finding information online.

He came to this world, blessed our lives and has now moved on to be the greatest forum moderator in the heavens.

Ross, thank you for leaving us better then you found us. May your family be strengthened at this trying time and find peace in the knowledge that you are now relieved of all discomfort and finally able to rest comfortably.

You are now, and will always be remembered by the many thousands of lives you have touched.

Until we meet again..

Hank Eyring

Ross,
you made me laugh, smile, cry and fixed my log in issues multiple times over the years. Your wisdom and encouragement couldn't be beat. I hope you are dancing again in Heaven today! Thank you Ross...

Hank has described our RossMan perfectly. He was special in so many ways to so many people.
I will never forget the Coumadin coaching, or the gentle "push" for me to pursue home monitoring. Eternally grateful to you, may you rest in peace. ((hugs))

Ross, thank you for helping an old pre-computer man work thru a number of my early computer issues after I joined the forum. You taught me that warfarin is not a blood thinner......it is an ANTI-COAGULANT. May you rest in peace.

Dick

I have known Ross for a little over 10 years. I met him on another forum and he taught me so much about computers. Got me hooked on them. He gave me advice on my mother in law's heart problems many times.
We use to have daily chats and we even started another forum for computer problems together along with a couple of other nice folks.
I will miss him terribly. No more drs. or heart or kidney issues and you can breathe again. Heaven's gain is our loss. Rest in peace Ross.
Birdie or as he called me (Mrs. G)

I remember being terrified of Ross when I first joined VR. He didn't suffer fools gladly, and I knew nothing about how a forum worked. Happily he never lost patience with my many questions and misplaced forum posts, and I eventually learned to navigate around the forum. I think many others can relate similar stories. Ross was one of a kind, and it's hard for me to imagine the world without Ross's presence. My heartfelt condolences go out to his family and friends.
Rest in peace, Ross.

It is with a very heavy heart I am replying. Thank you Hank for so eloquently describing our special Ross. After joining this forum, I was amazed at how he always found the time to reply to whatever post came his way. He so sincerely cared about all of us VR members. He will never be forgotten. May he reap the rewards in heaven that he is so deserving of.
My deepest sympathy to Ross' family and to all those whose lives he touched.

I too was a little intimidated with Ross when I first joined VR. But it took a very short time for me to realize what a vital role this man played in this community. Like Mary said, he was patient when trying to explain how to post a picture, video or just navigating through the forum. And his experience and first hand knowledge with valve/heart related issues, was unmatched.

Thank you for everything, Ross and may you finally have the comfort and peace you so richly deserve.

I have never met Ross, but from all that I have read about him in the last week, he was an extraordinary man. I want to offer my sincere condolences to the family of Ross, and tell everybody on the forum who was his friend, that I am thinking about you all.

Ross,

You will forever be in my heart and part of my family. Your laughter, advice and your spirit and understanding of people will always be treasured by all that have known you, but especially by those who share heart and heart valve and other health issues right along with you. I know it was time for you to let go and be with God, but it still doesn't make it easy for anyone of us to accept that you are no longer with us. Thank you for all that you were, am and always will be and ole Harry is sooooo looking forward to "Crashing The Pearly Gates" with you and laughing up a storm with you and our families and our Heart Buddies......I know you will be with us and that in itself will be comforting, especially to me as I continue my journey and have this next surgery that you and I were discussing..I know you will be there cracking the jokes while I am under the anesthesia and therefore seeing me through this major situation as I know you were worried....Thank You For Your Friendship and Again, You, your boys and wife and grandsons are part of my family now and forever....God Bless You Ross Ole Harry is already missing you.....

I never met Ross, but I did speak with him several times on the telephone and what an incredibly wonderful voice he had so calming,
Ross helped me solve a coumadin issue for which I was very grateful.
I recall the Sunday night chats on VR when Rossman would pop in and say a few words but he rarely stayed but he often checked up on us !!!
RossMan will be missed by many.
Sincere condolences to the Family at this very sad time
"Shine On You Crazy Diamond "
Gone but not forgotten

Jan & Bill ( Liverpool England)

I knew Ross from another forum and when I came to my turn to have valves replaced, Ross was my go to man. He helped me with a lot of things. Pointed me into the direction of finding a good surgeon and has provided invaluable information for the past 7 years. We will miss him not only for the medical help but for his help with our computers. We pray his family will find comfort in knowing Ross is finally free at last. We loved you man!

Thank you, Hank, for a perfect beginning to this thread. Like others here have mentioned -- Ross was always there to help (and always willing to give his opinion!)

To Ross's family -- please know that so many of us have lost a unique friend. We share in your sorrow and we will miss Ross very much.

There was a thread, many years ago about how it seemed especially deep; this connection we make with each other here on this forum because our connections are from our hearts. I know that Ross chimed in on that thread (he may have started the discussion) and made some thoughtful remarks. He seemed brought to truth by his condition -- he was so dependable in his personal truths.

Godspeed, Ross.
Love,
Marguerite

Reading this thread brought many smiles as Ross touched all of our lives. You could not help enjoying his posts and PMs of encouragement even though I had come on the site seeking anyone else living day to day without a sternum and of course he could help there too!!

Go in the spirit that you have earned eternal rest

Godspeed
Greg

I will miss Ross. Although as was said above he didn't suffer fools very well, I always loved to read his wisdom and advise. His will forever hold a special place in my heart. I also send my heartfelt condolences to his family. May they find peace in the memories that they have of him.

Rossman you are my valve hero, I love you and miss you...now you have your wings you can continue to look out for all of us just as you have in the past...no more pain my friend

xxx much love xxx
ton xxx

Back