Ross??? where are you?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ross is around, I've had a couple of messages with him about T-bone.

I just would like to take a chance in this thread to thank Ross for all that he does for all of us. He doesn't get paid to put up with all the crap that gets dumped in his lap. He is a person and his feelings get hurt, just like the rest of us. Honestly, I'm not sure why he does it, however, I am very thankful that he does.

Kim

I just would like to take a chance in this thread to thank Ross for all that he does for all of us. He doesn't get paid to put up with all the crap that gets dumped in his lap. He is a person and his feelings get hurt, just like the rest of us. Honestly, I'm not sure why he does it, however, I am very thankful that he does.

Kim
I totally agree.

Ross will never be appreciated the way he should be by everyone on this site. Perhaps that is why he is not around to say nothing of losing his best friend.

I agree with all of the above.

No doubt, Ross is hurting deeply right now with the loss of TBone. Perhaps he's just needing to take a step back for a few days.

I do miss seeing his posts...

Kim

How he got the 'job':

one early 5 a.m. morning some years ago, we tuned in to VR and right there in our faces was the ugliest, dirtiest post you could ever read. Well, imagine the shock. Somebody had to be 'the police' here in VR and Ross ended up with the job, to his great credit. During that time he has suffered a lot. During that time he was hospitalized and nearly died. During that time he has been on here day in and day out watching out for all of us. During that time he has dealt with the wrath of us because we want perfection and pretty much have it, thanks to Ross. During that time Ross has knocked off too many to count who would invade VR to do harm. And he does it all because he loves us and knows all too well what the information on this site means to hundreds and hundreds who visit us and become one of us. Thanks to Ross.

I want to say THANK YOU to Ross as well..... Ross, You are the Best!!!!! You helped me more than you will ever know!!!!

Ross I agree what everyone else has said. You're the man! ! Hugs & prayers are coming your way. Come back to us soon !:)

Take care Ross and return posting when you want to. Prayers still coming for you because we know you're hurting.

I second everything Hensylee said! I remember a couple of posts which came in the dead of night to greet everyone in the morning. They were horrible.

I also remember many. many trolls that joined the site just to make mischief, and they did, and good people left due to it.

There are always trolls and others who just want to do malicious things to VR.com and other sites as well. There are hackers too, and sellers of snake oil remedies, and on and on. The Breast Cancer site I went to had them, the Pulmonary Hypertension site had them too. Why people do people do this? My guess is that there are bored teenagers, disturbed folks and yes, some disgruntled folks too.

I don't know for sure, but I would venture to say that all of these things are still going on. We don't see them because Ross is right there to take care of things. Hank does too, but he relies on Ross to take care of the bulk of it.

Without someone to monitor this site, it would go down in flames.

The old posts I saw were enough to destroy the site.

There has to be a person who will step up to the plate almost 24/7 to weed out the bad stuff. It is a nasty and thankless job, and it can make some people very angry because they might think there is censorship going on, or they might believe one of the trolls who came here with one sob story after another. That has all happened in the past.

The site has stayed clean and tidy thanks to Ross.

Thanks Ross, I remember before you were here and it wasn't as pretty as it is now. You run a tight ship, but you have to.

Let me add my thanks for Ross also. I have emailed him numerous times for help with posting a picture,etc and he always helps me. Please know you are appreciated and we love you.

I had a forwarded email from Ross this morning in my email box.

I think he just needs some time to heal so soon after the death of T-Bone which has been a great shock to all of us but he has taken it particularly hard.

And then, everything else that has gone on the site has not helped the situation much so I think our friend Ross will be fine......we just need to give him some space & some time!

"Time heals all wounds as they say!" :)

I agree 100% ...................

I agree 100% ...................

with every post so far.
It isn't possible to post any better.

Ross, I found VR last year when my cardiologist first used the "S" word. Since that time I've ridden the emotional roller coaster that so many others have written about. The one good thing that I've found to help is this website. I am deeply grateful that you have spent so much of your time to keep this a safe place for us to come and share our intimate experiences. Just to know that others have had/are having the same feelings is incredibly reassuring when one's anxieties are loose. Thank you for keeping open this sheltering port.

I also found this site in the middle of the night the day I was diagnosed. I knew then i had found the place where I can voice my scared feelings, and have people know what I was going through, and encourage me more than my family had or has since the operation. Yet, Ross, you are a powerful force, you first warned me about the sub acute facility and boy you were right on the money. We will all be here for you, as you are here for us. Godspeed.
Linda

Ross, you are without question a constant example of one who gives of his time and talents unselfishly. You do this even when you take heat you do not deserve. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Karl

Latest posts

Back