Redo AVR scheduled for Feb 7

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DebbyA

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
...6 years, one week and one day after first AVR. Surgeon Luis Rosado, Tucson Medical Center. I'm feeling pretty good about it, will be glad to get it over with and get on with my life. I had to cancel two planned trips, but we're still going to Yosemite in June! Last time was several months before my AVR--I look forward to hiking there without angina.

Last edited:
I'm still sorry to hear you need another surgery so soon, but glad to see you found a doctor and hospital so close that you have faith in, its always nice not to have to travel far and be closer to your family and friends. It always still to have to cancel things for surgery, Justin had to miss sailing around the Fla Keys because of an unexpected surgery. But happy to see you have a trip to look forward to in June, I think it helps w/ recovery to have something to look forward to. I look forward to hearing how great it was hiking all over with your new improved heart.

Good luck in your upcoming redo. I planned my surgery for spring so that I can walk around and recover during the best season of the year. The plan for June hike is very nice.

By the way, Will you be using the same valve or going with something else?

I appreciate all the good wishes!

I didn't get to pick the date, but we are having an extraordinarily pleasant winter, even for AZ--clear, sunny, 70's. And unlike last time, both the hospital (except for CICU) and our house are single-story, so I should be able to get outside. Last time we booked a vacation 6 months after surgery just so surgery wouldn't be the last thing on the calendar. I also had a photo of me on Lembert Dome in Yosemite as an indication to me and the staff that the patient role was a temporary one (got that idea here, I think).

Dr Rosado will decide whether ATS and ST Jude mechanical is the best fit at time of surgery. He says the hemodynamics will be better. We're going to Yosemite with a friend who just had a hip replacement. We feel we both are going through a lot of trouble to make the trip a success...

Debby, our best thoughts/vibes/prayers go with you!

The Yosemite trip is something to look forward to, for sure. My father was a career historian for the National Park Service and I remember a family trip we took (by car) from Tennessee to Yosemite when I was a mere tyke.

Glad you have that to look forward to. Best wishes to you on the 7th, and for a good recovery afterwards, and a great trip in June.

I appreciate all the good wishes!

I didn't get to pick the date, but we are having an extraordinarily pleasant winter, even for AZ--clear, sunny, 70's. And unlike last time, both the hospital (except for CICU) and our house are single-story, so I should be able to get outside. Last time we booked a vacation 6 months after surgery just so surgery wouldn't be the last thing on the calendar. I also had a photo of me on Lembert Dome in Yosemite as an indication to me and the staff that the patient role was a temporary one (got that idea here, I think).

Dr Rosado will decide whether ATS and ST Jude mechanical is the best fit at time of surgery. He says the hemodynamics will be better. We're going to Yosemite with a friend who just had a hip replacement. We feel we both are going through a lot of trouble to make the trip a success...

Wishing you only the very best both before and after your surgery.
Yosemite will be wonderful. Only thing is that with this silly weather, the bears forgot to hibernate so just keep an eye out. I know you will have a wonderful time.

Sorry to hear you need to go through a second surgery, but you have my best wishes and prayers for your success. I look forward to hearing of your speedy recovery!

Sending you all best wishes, Debby.

We cruise often and I brought a post card of our favorite cruise ship to the hospital with me when I had second OHS. We had to cancel a very special cruise for that surgery but had a great 'make up' one about 3 1/2 months after.

If it is any help to you I just want to comment my second surgery was very much easier on me than my first. I wish the same for you.

All the best Debby, I have my AVR scheduled for the 8th Feb so while I'd like to say I'll be thinking of you. I'll be preoccupied :)

Back