QUESTIONS for the ladies who have been through heart surgery!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we have a post from long ago that is very current and has been added to every now and again but I can't access it. It's called 'what to take to the hospital' - anyone know? I find the title in search but it wouldn't take me there. Hey, Ross Boss - you can do everything, can't you?

Even though this was my second surgery I still brought a BUNCH of clothes and etc .. and of course didn't wear anything but a hospital gown the whole time.. My hospital gave me a surgical bra after my surgery and that was a god send. I had to wear it for three weeks until I saw the surgeon ( and even after that I wore it at night for awhile). I wore my hair in a ponytail the whole time.. By the way .. I am losing sooo much hair.. I'm so glad I am not alone.. I just wish it would stop.

The fan is a great idea, wish I had thought of that! Because, you have a roomie, and mine was always telling the nurse she was cold, and I was sweating. We don't mention our roomates much, but often we get ones that are challenging to say the least. My 2nd surgery roomie was poopie, and told the nurse I had too many visitors and they were laughing too much and making noise. They then put a sign on our door that said only 2 visitors at a time! (she had something else wrong with her, not ohs).She always buzzed the nurse to bring her a coke! My roomie this last surgery was a complainer, but more about the nurses. I found the nurses to be a great help, so I didn't talk to her much.
When I had BE, they gave me a roomie that needed dialysis, and hooked it up to our shared bathroom. I asked what I was supposed to do, and they told me I had to go down the hall, out of the area and use the public restroom!! I think having a private room after ohs would be wonderful. But, I'm guessing our insurance wouldn't pay for that.

Latest posts

Back