Prayers Needed

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if the guy was listening to Detroit Rock City when this all went down. Just about everything in the song fits what happened.

I feel uptight on a Saturday night
Nine o' clock, the radio's the only light
I hear my song and it pulls me through
Comes on strong, tells me what I got to do
I got to

Getting late
I just can't wait
Ten o'clock and I know I gotta hit the road
First I drink, then I smoke
Start up the car, and I try to make the midnight show

Movin' fast, doin' 95
Hit top speed but I'm still movin' much too slow
I feel so good, I'm so alive
I hear my song playin' on the radio

Twelve o'clock, I gotta rock
There's a truck ahead, lights starin' at my eyes
Oh my God, no time to turn
I got to laugh 'cause I know I'm gonna die
Why

All I can ask is, what is wrong with our court systems?

Well, I don't know what exactly, but SOMETHING...A LOT! It surely hasn't done anything to improve that sorry excuse for a human! It surely has failed to protect society. What kind of "system" repeatedly fines and releases someone like this??? How many more scumbags like this are out there???

Ross, other than continuing in this vein, I am speechless. You are a remarkable man to keep on keeping on like you do. May your son find that wonderful quality within himself.

Ross, I am so very sorry that you and your wife are having to deal with all that on top of being so ill. I totally understand how hard it is to watch your son using the wrong head sometimes. I've always said that men (sorry to the good guys) don't have enough blood in their bodies to operate 2 heads at once and your son has the same amount of blood as my sons does! ;)

Truly I will continue to keep your family in my prayers! Hugs!

Sheila2old said:
Ross, I am so very sorry that you and your wife are having to deal with all that on top of being so ill. I totally understand how hard it is to watch your son using the wrong head sometimes. I've always said that men (sorry to the good guys) don't have enough blood in their bodies to operate 2 heads at once and your son has the same amount of blood as my sons does! ;)

Truly I will continue to keep your family in my prayers! Hugs!
Yeah well we all have to/had to learn, so he's not the first to make mistakes. Just wish they'd heed advice and not make it so hard on themselves.

:eek: GASPING at the court records!!

Praying for your family Ross.. sounds like some rough sledding.

Unfortunately some pople have to learn the hard way...Eventually he will realize how much you really do know! It took my brother way too long! We were all stupid, we didn't understand his life. Now, much later he almost has his life together after loosing lots and creating a lot of problems, stress and grief not only for himself but for the rest of his family and others. We wish you well and pray he will learn sooner rather than later.

Ross:

Call the Akron Beacon Journal.
This dude needs the book thrown at him. The public needs to know about him -- and others who may also pose a threat to the public on roads.
I suppose the O.L. means "operator license"?
I'm interpreting his driving record to include fractions on use of seat belts, turn signals, headlights/taillights, DUI/DWI/drug abuse while driving, speeding, etc.
What you need to do is to call the Akron paper, ask for the city desk. Talk to a city editor, explain your son was injured in a multi-vehicle accident stemming from a head-on crash that resulted in (at least) 1 fatality, several other people severely injured. The offending driver has a long record of driving infractions over 12 years' time.
Go at it from the view that this dude has gotten off pretty lightly so far with a longtime bad driving record.
I've worked for newspapers for 34 years. I'm sure someone at the Akron paper will bite.
You don't need a driver's license to drive -- you can start an engine without one -- but this dude needs to be kept off the roads, kept away from access to vehicles.

BTW, Where the heck has he been for the last 5+ years? Last complaint was in March 2001. He was pretty frequently ticketed over the years until March 2001.

catwoman said:
Ross:

What you need to do is to call the Akron paper, ask for the city desk. Talk to a city editor, explain your son was injured in a multi-vehicle accident stemming from a head-on crash that resulted in (at least) 1 fatality, several other people severely injured. The offending driver has a long record of driving infractions over 12 years' time.
Go at it from the view that this dude has gotten off pretty lightly so far with a longtime bad driving record.
I've worked for newspapers for 34 years. I'm sure someone at the Akron paper will bite.

Amen to everything she said!!

:eek: I can hardly believe that laundry list!! Has he been charged with anything in this particular case yet? I hope that he is charged with murder, and attempted murder!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

What is the email address for that paper;)

I am so sorry - again - for your family. I continue - as everyone - to include you in my prayers!!

BTW, Where the heck has he been for the last 5+ years? Last complaint was in March 2001. He was pretty frequently ticketed over the years until March 2001.[/QUOTE]

according to the link below his record in Ross's post, he was in jail, and got out this spring,summer 9can't remeber but I do remmeber thinking IF he served the whole sentence (4 Y)he would still be in prison and none of this would have happened, lyn

catwoman said:
Ross:

This dude needs the book thrown at him. The public needs to know about him -- and others who may also pose a threat to the public on roads.
I suppose the O.L. means "operator license"?
I'm interpreting his driving record to include fractions on use of seat belts, turn signals, headlights/taillights, DUI/DWI/drug abuse while driving, speeding, etc.
You don't need a driver's license to drive -- you can start an engine without one -- but this dude needs to be kept off the roads, kept away from access to vehicles.

BTW, Where the heck has he been for the last 5+ years? Last complaint was in March 2001. He was pretty frequently ticketed over the years until March 2001.

Marsha, I think he had just been recently released from prison and that would account for his clean record while he was incarcerated.

bvdr said:
Marsha, I think he had just been recently released from prison and that would account for his clean record while he was incarcerated.
Yeap, he was imprisoned from 2002 through April 2006.

Ross said:
Yeap, he was imprisoned from 2002 through April 2006.

And I hope the fool liked it there cause he'll be going back for Vehicular Manslaughter at least! What a dumba$$!! The justice system should be ashamed of themselves!
So sorry for your family Ross, I continue to wish you all the best. Take care of yourself and know that you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Ross,
Would you be offended if a number of us emailed the newspaper? I do not want to overstep into your business - truly.
Someone else (Hank I think) suggested that we all get busy with writing to the appropriate authorities - this could be a start.

I would be glad to, as I am sure would others, to lend as much support as possible. Let us know...

my son's friend was drunk, ran over two teens, killing them. The father of the boy who was killed owned a local TV station and he put on a lot of publicity about the drunk driver. That guy is still in jail and has been there for years. He, too, showed no remorse. We could write to the newspaper editor, the TV stations, etc.

Ross

Ross

Did you post that the drunk driver owned the car?How was he able to buy a tag without proof of Insurance?..My Hubby's birthday is in Nov. when he goes to Courthouse to renew all our tags. he said, he has to show his insurance card..Here in Ga. that is when you must buy new tags (Your birthday)the sticker has the month ..We keep our old tags..I think this year, they will change. On the sticker is the Month they expire, so guess this is how, Law knows if it is good.....May be different in other states:confused: Bonnie

Unfortunately, right now in Ohio, you only have to agree to carry insurance, you do not have to show proof. I think they are trying to change the law but that doesn't help outrageous situations like this one.

Ross, haven't been on here for a week ('puter probs). This is a real mess. I'm so sorry for you and Lyn and your son and his fiancee and her mom.

Your son really needs a lawyer. He should be able to get one on a contingency basis since there'll be a lawsuit. If he wasn't driving the car, he might be covered by the liability coverage on the car, as well as uninsured motorists because he isn't related to the owners of the vehicle. I wish I had a copy of an Ohio auto policy (no longer within my grasp since retirement). Ohio has some really weird auto insurance laws, as I recall - pretty consumer-friendly. So it's imperative that Chris gets a good insurance lawyer and not depend on one that covers the car he was in. He probably won't like the idea that there's going to be an adversarial relationship between him and his fiancee's insurer; but he needs to suck it up and get mercenary real fast.

Anyway - all my prayers to you and Lyn. I'm sure a lot of your son's snottiness is the result of the accident - PTSD, pain, fear, dependence - and things will begin to look up.

Back