Prayers Needed

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ross said:
Likewise Joe and yourself. When this is all over, do you think we can go to an island and just sit around drinking margaritas?
Can I drive the boat? I might even wear a bikini;) :D ;)

As you well know, there is nothing that I can say or do to make things any better. I will pray that all is well and we will belive in only the the best outcome. my prayers are there for you.

I go away for 3 days and kaboom. Ross, so sorry you've had such frustrating days. Remember, one frustrating bite at a time, not the whole cow. And don't forget to breath.

Hank - I'm poised with pen, waiting to see if we can help.

One whole week later and no still report filed.

capture_24092006_222819.jpg

Ross
Who is the owner of the car your son was in? Whether him or his girlfriend, didn't he/she had car insurance? If so, that insurance may cover your son, then if the other driver has insurance and is at fault the insurance company goes after his insurance for reimbursement

Man, I am so sorry. You have had too many downs and it's time for the big guy to smile upon you in a huge way. I am sending prayers your way right now and hope that things become better for you soon. again, my thoughts are with you, dude.

:eek:

A lot has happened since I last checked in, Ross- too much for me to read on a public computer, but I'm glad that they are home and hope that this insurance mess gets taken care of and your son gets the medical help he needs pronto. Sending our prayers and best wishes from afar.

I finally got the Trooper to call me back last night.

He has not yet filed the incident report as they are still gathering evidence. He said they want to make sure they do this one right, with no loop holes. The at fault driver had no insurance, no drivers license and the car was registered to him. He told me that he's talked with this guy and he shows absolutely no remorse. He claims he doesn't remember anything, but the Trooper went on to say that he had been talking to others about it the accident. He said the guy doesn't have a drop in the bucket and even if pursued in a civil suit, we would likely get nothing. He said there will be alot of injustices done when by all rights, this would be this guys life conviction. I guess this clown is more or less a carreer criminal and simply doesn't care about laws or other people. The state is taking the case to the prosecutor this morning. He thinks this guy may even flee.

So, I guess I talk with an attorney and send the bills to Savannahs insurance company and hope she had uninsured motorists coverage also. This is going to be ugly and no one is going to win anything.

Ross, in this situation, you do what you have to do to make sure Chris gets needed care for now and for his life, since this injury may follow him for a long time.

Rewind--I guess I'm not doing anything. I've just been informed by Chris that he is leaving today to go live with Savannah at one of her moms friends house. He doesn't like the rules here. I asked him how long he thought he'd be welcome in someone elses home without contributing a thing and who is taking him back and forth to the Doctors and the Cleveland Clinic when the time comes. If he walks out the door today, I'm not going to worry about these things, they are all his and he can worry about them. Once again, man thinking with wrong head will hang himself in stupidity.

Karlynn said:
I go away for 3 days and kaboom. Ross, so sorry you've had such frustrating days. Remember, one frustrating bite at a time, not the whole cow. And don't forget to breath.

Hank - I'm poised with pen, waiting to see if we can help.

I'll just echo what Karlyn said. I've been gone for a few days and haven't been able to keep up with everything. This afternoon I might be able to spend some quality time with my computer and do just that.:)

It's so hard to sit back and watch your children make their own mistakes. Remember the story of The Prodigal Son.

So sorry about the extended difficulties!!

A couple of thoughts.....
Have you checked in to Medicaid/care?

Our family friend that suffered the motorcycle accident - suffered a concusion in the accident. He went through an extended period after the accident with memory problems, mood swings, personality changes, and rage. He was a changed person for quite a while as he recovered. So much of recovery occurs inside - for a long time - our body repairing in ways we probably cannot imagine.

Prayers continue for your family!!!!

pipersmith said:
So sorry about the extended difficulties!!

A couple of thoughts.....
Have you checked in to Medicaid/care?

Our family friend that suffered the motorcycle accident - suffered a concusion in the accident. He went through an extended period after the accident with memory problems, mood swings, personality changes, and rage. He was a changed person for quite a while as he recovered. So much of recovery occurs inside - for a long time - our body repairing in ways we probably cannot imagine.

Prayers continue for your family!!!!
Yeap, not eligible. If he had children under 18 or a disability as outlined by Social Security guidelines expecting to last 12 months, then he would be.

Ross,

It will be hard to let him go knowing the problems he is facing but it is not your choice. Hopefully there was uninsured motorist coverage on the car Chris was in and that will take care of the medical bills. If not, Chris will have to sue to get things covered and it may involve suing Savannah's family. This is tough and I hope all goes without too much bad blood.

You have done all you can even tho that is probably not how you feel. Try to take some comfort from all your efforts which were certainly extensive.

Hi Ross, I have no wise words or suggestions to offer. I am so sorry that you are in this bad situation. Please know that you are in my thoughts daily. I hope with each new post you make that things will improve, both health-wise and with family relations. Hang in there and take care of yourself.

As suddenly as this all started, it has ended. He's gone. I wish him luck and deep down know that it cannot possibly workout. At least I've never found anyone that would take in two crippled people, house , feed, and everything for free. Someone doesn't know what they just set themselves up for, I'm sure.

Lyn and I can't help but feel as though our parental feelings have once again been used and discarded. The boy wants to be a man, so I put all his things in nice business envelope and simply said, it's all yours to handle now. If your not staying with us, I refuse to stress over your care. I love you, but I will not be used. Bye bye.

Ross, I see that you are only doing what you can do, which includes letting go and letting your son handle his affairs. I'm sure many of us have tried to "help" family members only to end up feeling used and the family member none the better for our help. It may be for the best. He'll face the truth one way or another. However, we'll still pray for a turnaround on his part. It hurts to see someone you love make hurtful mistakes.

Back