Pragmatic look at OHS

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, Obama care WILL NOT SAVE money! If anything it will cost us even more, and not just in dollars.

That's MY opinion, and I'm entitled to it.

Kathy
I have to say as far as mechanical valves being more "cost effective", that may be true. It certainly would not help to advance medical technology, in the way of heart valves and their patients though, if everyone chose a mechanical valve.
I believe the important thing to focus on is the outcome rather than the advancement of a specific technology. The outcome being long durability 50+ years and no associated drug therapy required or increased risk.
If a manufacturer of either tissue or mechanical valves can derive such an outcome they will take market leadership that’s why both are trying.
With regard to cost effectiveness it would be interesting to factor in the cost of looking after the average stroke victim for the remainder of their life, with medical costs, lost earnings and lost tax revenue.

ShezaGirlie you are dangerously flirting with getting into a serious political debate. That is all. If health care reform is such an important issue how are they wasting our money. They are getting paid to do exactly what they do for their constituents. Was it a waste of money when they spent all of the time they spent arguing about the health care bill the first time? Can you tell me how many bills in the past that have been passed have later been repealed? Yes it is politics at its finest, but it is also a difference in ideology. Both congressmen and senators have a duty to argue and vote for what the majority of the citizens of their states want whether you or I agree with it.

Bryan ~ to clarify my point..
I was just trying to point out the fact that the House will vote to repeal the bill (they did today) and the Senate will vote to keep the bill.

They're hashing over something which is moot 'cause it won't change the outcome of a bill already passed unless there's some drastic change of opinion in the Senate.

House = against; Senate = For; President = For....done!

Heavens no, it wasn't a "waste" of taxpayers money when they voted on and passed the bill last December. The Representatives and Senators were doing a job we hired them for. Some of us agree with the outcome, some of us disagree with the outcome.

I can't tell you how many bills in the past have been passed and later repealed, but I bet it would be interesting to know..

All I know is that they better leave my Medicare alone or I'll whack 'em with my broom..:biggrin2:

My husband and I watched a documentary last year. I don't remember the name of it. (someone jump in here?)
I also have read and heard other things pertaining to what that program said.
It was to the effect that the USA is subsidizing the pharmaceuticals that go to other countries. The reason it sticks in my mind is because we pay an average of $175.00 for 30 Plavix pills (which is comparable to what documentary said) for my husband and at the time they said that amount in England by the same company was $4.00. Big difference.
Our government maked deals in exchange for something they want.. And if someone in one of those countries need surgery in the US they can come here and get it easier than we can.
So in essence while we go begging we are helping some other countries have health care.

This is not meant to be a political argument.. just an observation that in my opinion.. there is lots going on that we don't know or think about. And lots of things we have no control over.

I personally think we need some kind of health care.. just needs to be something affordable and of good as value as we can get.. but greed always seems to win out.. and be misused.

I would like to be able to have cheaper insurance.. this is ridiculous .. ordinary people cannot keep this up.
I don't want anything given to me either.. just fair..

But if we all kept our heads and put our best ideas out there and stuck to it .. maybe we could get someone to listen..

think we are lucky living in england,we dont have these kinda troubles,one thing we got right is the nhs, money and the cost was never every mentioned at all in my pre op,

My husband and I watched a documentary last year. I don't remember the name of it. (someone jump in here?)
I also have read and heard other things pertaining to what that program said.
It was to the effect that the USA is subsidizing the pharmaceuticals that go to other countries. The reason it sticks in my mind is because we pay an average of $175.00 for 30 Plavix pills (which is comparable to what documentary said) for my husband and at the time they said that amount in England by the same company was $4.00. Big difference.
Our government maked deals in exchange for something they want.. And if someone in one of those countries need surgery in the US they can come here and get it easier than we can.
So in essence while we go begging we are helping some other countries have health care.

This is not meant to be a political argument.. just an observation that in my opinion.. there is lots going on that we don't know or think about. And lots of things we have no control over.

I personally think we need some kind of health care.. just needs to be something affordable and of good as value as we can get.. but greed always seems to win out.. and be misused.

I would like to be able to have cheaper insurance.. this is ridiculous .. ordinary people cannot keep this up.
I don't want anything given to me either.. just fair..

But if we all kept our heads and put our best ideas out there and stuck to it .. maybe we could get someone to listen..

I believe it may have been Michael Moore's "Sicko" when they went into the pharmacy and the only thing charged is a nominal dispensing fee and the NHS picks up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back