PostOp cardio visit today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herburban1

I had my cardio visit today. I'm off the Lisinipril Yay!, I can go back to work,drive,and not lift over 100 # but to keep it under 50. My husband said "She couldn't lift 100# before" Haha! I'm on the coumadin untill I see the surgeon in april. I asked about the 3 month period for that and he said it's my Drs. way some will use an asprin but my Dr. uses coumadin. Untill the anuplasty ring is covered with my cells so clots won't form on it. I'm sick of INRs twice a week so hopefully tomorrow it is ok then maybe I'll get a week. It's been low.
So newbies hang in there you will get thru it it does get better. After being postponed twice and 2 surgeries before I never thought it would be done but 5 weeks out and feeling fine! Louanne:D

Congratulations! However, is he trying to be funny saying not to lift over 100 lbs. I can't even lift my suitcase when it's full and that's usually about 40 to 45 lbs.!!

I had my cardio visit today. I'm off the Lisinipril Yay!, I can go back to work,drive,and not lift over 100 # but to keep it under 50. My husband said "She couldn't lift 100# before" Haha! I'm on the coumadin untill I see the surgeon in april. I asked about the 3 month period for that and he said it's my Drs. way some will use an asprin but my Dr. uses coumadin. Untill the anuplasty ring is covered with my cells so clots won't form on it. I'm sick of INRs twice a week so hopefully tomorrow it is ok then maybe I'll get a week. It's been low.
So newbies hang in there you will get thru it it does get better. After being postponed twice and 2 surgeries before I never thought it would be done but 5 weeks out and feeling fine! Louanne:D

Louanne
Wonderful to hear that you are going so well. I wondered why I needed Coumadin for a couple of months after the anuloplasty valve repair but now I know!
Andy

Latest posts

Back