post-op

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debbrn

I had surgery last thursday. The surgery went will. I was fighting the vent so they stopped that. I was not able to breath well so had had to put me on bi-pap. That went pretty well. The anesthesia doc put in a jugular line and 4 regular IVs since I am a horrible stick.. I have already lost all the the IVs already. I don't remember thursday at all. Friday they got me out of bed to a chair with bi-pap, 3 chest tube, morphine pump and IV fluids. I was moved to the floor on saturday. I am still on oxygen.
Otherwise everything is OK

nice to hear from you! my surgery was friday so we are kinda in the same recovery boat. i have been walking as much as i can and it has reallllllly been helping me feeling better. take care :)

Thank you for all your well wishes. I am down to one IV and 1 liter of oxygen. Pain is not bad except when I cough. I just had my labs drawn for the morning. They have been giving me lasix causing me to have low serum potassium. They have started me on po potassium.

Are they putting you on the BiPAP at all during the day or night? I think that would be beneficial and keep your lungs expanded as possible.

well, you finally got out of the waiting room. how long you been there? glad you can check in to let us know. wishing you a really good recuperation. Blessins.........

Ross, they put me on bi-pap after they extubated me on thursday night because I was agitated and was having trouble breathing. They took me off friday evening. Before the surgery the cardiologist wanted me to be tested for sleep apnea. When she rounds, I plan on asking her about it again since I have now slept at the hospital 3 nights while on monitors.

Debbie

Hello,
I have hardly been on this site or any other site for a while. The end of the school year is always like this... very busy. I just got on tonight and realize that you had had your surgery. I hope you have a very uneventful recovery. Which Boston hospital were you in?

Hello,
I have hardly been on this site or any other site for a while. The end of the school year is always like this... very busy. I just got on tonight and realize that you had had your surgery. I hope you have a very uneventful recovery. Which Boston hospital were you in?

I'm not 100% sure but think, since she is an adult with CHD and has had a few OHS, she goes to Boston Childrens

Everything is ok. I was discharged on the 25th. My doc still wants me to have a sleep study, so i will either have her write or call my PCP. I went home on lasix and potassium for a couple of weeks. There has to be something wrong when they can make a pill as big as the potassium supplement. Luckily I can break it in half. The alternative is a nasty powder you put in juice. I can walk about 3 blocks on flat ground and climb 1 flight of stairs. I take a least three walks a day. My appetite is just fine. I am taking a low dose pain pill 1-2 times a day plus tylenol and motrin. Things seem to be doing well. I see the cardio next monday and then fly home next tuesday.

Debbie

Everything is ok. I was discharged on the 25th. My doc still wants me to have a sleep study, so i will either have her write or call my PCP. I went home on lasix and potassium for a couple of weeks. There has to be something wrong when they can make a pill as big as the potassium supplement. Luckily I can break it in half. The alternative is a nasty powder you put in juice. I can walk about 3 blocks on flat ground and climb 1 flight of stairs. I take a least three walks a day. My appetite is just fine. I am taking a low dose pain pill 1-2 times a day plus tylenol and motrin. Things seem to be doing well. I see the cardio next monday and then fly home next tuesday.

Debbie
What a good udate, I'm glad to hear from you again. Be happy you don't have to take the liquid form of potassium, that is AWFUL, it is the one Med that was really hard to get into justin when he was a baby/ toddler and keep him from spitting it out,, I was so glad when they finally stopped it.
I'm glad the weather is good for walking around. Looking forward to your post from home

Latest posts

Back