Please pray for us.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prayers and Promises

Prayers and Promises

Hey Twinmaker,
I also send my prayers to you and your lovely daughter-in-law. Anytime the c word is mentioned it conjures up yucky thoughts, but I am more than positive she will come through it with flying colors. Chemo isn't what it used to be. There are so many wonderfully effective anti-nausea meds now that go with the chemo as well as some to be taken afterwards. The hair thing is still hard on us ladies, but still in the big scheme of things, what the heck? You can tell her she will be guaranteed beautiful post-chemo hair. It is God's way of saying, "way to go - now here is a new 'do' for ya." God is funny that way!
Chemo/radiation/beating cancer is just a measure of endurance and a bit of faith. My best to your d-i-l.

Lymphoma N-H Survivor of Two Beautiful Years and Counting!
Debbi

I am adding my prayers for your daughter-in-law and family. My daughter-in-law is just one year older -- I know the news must have been a shock. But as Deb as just said, there are great treatments and much reason for confidence these days.

Thanks for all of your good wishes and prayers. Kerri and our son, Ben are both very positive and believe it or not, have already started fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. They are walking in a fundraiser in October. They are both very dertermined young people and are already trying to make something good out of this. Kerri will be in the middle of Chemo when she does this walk. Like I said, they are determined. The whole family is thinking very positive. How can we think any other way when the two of them are so positive?! We are so blessed that the treatments for Lymphoma have come such a long way in the last several years. I guess our newest charity in addition to the American Heart Association will be the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. LINDA P.S. Debi, thanks for your reassurance. I tell Ben and Kerri about each person that I have heard of lately who has faced what they're about to face, and it helps them tremendously.

Just an update. Kerri got her second opinion from an oncologist at Emory yesterday and he agreed with everything the first oncologist said...diagnosis, stage, and treatment. She is staying with her first oncologist since his office is much closer to home. The doctor at Emory said that was very important since sometimes bloodwork has to be done several days in a row during chemo and the drive to Emory is almost 45 minutes (when traffic is good). Also the doc at Emory had only good things to say about her doc. Anyway, we all feel much better that he agreed with the first doc. She has her first dose of chemo on Tuesday. She will have the port put in on Monday. Ben (our son) and Kerri are going to Helen, Ga this weekend to just get away for a couple of days before all this starts. Thanks again for your prayers. I'll keep you updated. LINDA

I'm glad she got her second opinion and all concurred. She will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Linda ~ My best wishes and prayers are with your daughter-in-law and your whole family. I pray she has a complete recovery.

Sending my parayers along with everyone elses. Helen should be nice this weekend. We are expecting cool weather in Georgia and Helen should be even cooler.

I am also in prayer for her - and all of you. this is always devastating news for anyone but when it hits home, we just collapse at first, then pull up the boot straps and try to make some sense of it so we can go on. Bless all of you.

Latest posts

Back