Playing the waiting game....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah_Louise

Hi everyone,
Had an email from my nurse, and the plan is to do a perecoutaneous pulmonary valve replacement (will be my 6th lot of heart surgery :eek2: ). But it's not available on the NHS! So my consultant is applying for a special funding for me to have it done this way becuase if it was OHS it'd be number 5 for me and chances are i wouldn't survive it-too high risk, but the down side is it's going to take months to get, so in the mean time i've to get on as best i can,
Gutted really as i just want sorted now....
Sarah xxxx

I'm playing the waiting game on my first and it's awful. Can't imagine how you feel with multiple surgeries. Best wishes to you and hope everything gets sorted out alright.

Sorry to hear it will take a little longer, but am glad to hear they are working on you getting a melody valve and not need another OHS. You know you're always in my prayers

A cardio once said to me no one should have to go through this once let alone multiple times but who promised us fair?

You're one strong lady, Sarah, and you'll keep on keeping on until they can get your percutaneous approved. We certainly hope that happens very soon.

In the meantime, we are all here to give a lift in any way we can.

You're doing great!

I can't imagine what you are going through, SL...Do your best to maintain a positive attitude and please know that I am praying for you...I contribute to a cool motivational poster website that might add some cheer - www.peelandstickposters.com

Latest posts

Back