Plant closed

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old clicker

Well, my wife is out of work. They closed the Campbell Soup plant here in Listowel. She has been there for 28 years. April 01 was her last day worked, which was a Wednesday. I took the rest of the week off from my job to be with her. She seems to be handling it all right, this week she sent out a few resumes. No interviews yet though.

I'm very sorry to read this. Why did the plant close? I haven't heard of many food manufacturing companies closing here in the states, although that doesn't mean they haven't.
Wishing you both all the best.

They closed because they weren't enough making profit. They could move to Pa. and make higher profits in a newer plant. I guess they must have been too inefficient, or out dated equipment, or wages too high. This isn't the first time they have done this, they closed a plant in Manitoba for the same reason some years ago.

Well, my wife is out of work. They closed the Campbell Soup plant here in Listowel. She has been there for 28 years. April 01 was her last day worked, which was a Wednesday. I took the rest of the week off from my job to be with her. She seems to be handling it all right, this week she sent out a few resumes. No interviews yet though.

Clicker,sorry to hear about your wife and the job,especially 28 years
That would hurt,glad you stayed with her the rest of the week and
prayers for the job hunt and all ends happily for her and you too.
Just happening all over and hope it changes soon for better for everyone.

zipper2 (DEB)

This is becoming a standard. A new standard of living? I'm sorry to hear it. I think it's going to affect everyone. Even those that haven't, as of yet, been affected.

Sorry to hear about your wife's job loss. Good luck to her in her job search,

Dale
PS My dad was from Listowel!

They can move to a new city or most of the time a new country. Then start all over with a lot smaller wages and less promises for the employees.
Sharon

Latest posts

Back